TS: Darren Woodson Warns Players About Mike Zimmer

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

---

Woodson wants them to know that Zimmer is not a "cuddly" coach. He's going to be tough every step of the way.

“He doesn’t have any ‘back up’ in him,” Woodson told ESPN's Todd Archer. “He’s going to set his feet. He will fight your *** tooth and nail, a lot like Bill Parcells. You’re going to do it his way. He might not be your best friend. It’s not going to be cuddly and kumbaya. That’s not happening. He’s going to test your mettle.”

ESPN analyst Marcus Spears on Zimmer: "He's a great man and he's a phenomenal football coach," Spears said. "Tough but fair and he cares about his guys. It was great to play for Zim even when he cursed me out."

---

Swagger

Reaction score

---

Woodson wants them to know that Zimmer is not a "cuddly" coach. He's going to be tough every step of the way.

“He doesn’t have any ‘back up’ in him,” Woodson told ESPN's Todd Archer. “He’s going to set his feet. He will fight your *** tooth and nail, a lot like Bill Parcells. You’re going to do it his way. He might not be your best friend. It’s not going to be cuddly and kumbaya. That’s not happening. He’s going to test your mettle.”

ESPN analyst Marcus Spears on Zimmer: "He's a great man and he's a phenomenal football coach," Spears said. "Tough but fair and he cares about his guys. It was great to play for Zim even when he cursed me out."

---
It sounds like his approach will go down amazingly well with All-Pro modern day dawgs like Micah Parsons.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Great he is a tough guy, but how far does that go with an in house collection of DTs that can’t play?

If Zim gave them some BS line that he can fix it so he could get the job…none of this has a remote shot to change.

We don’t have to wait until September to find out, we will know in 5-6 weeks.

“Know nothing” fans have been begging for a DT upgrade for literally YEARS while the “experts” have a better plan, and what happens in the playoffs? They get gashed in the middle.

They need to spend on a proven top player, but I’m nearly positive we will be hearing about how the expect Mazi Smith to be an all pro in year two.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

---

---
Exactly the type of coach this franchise needs!!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
We can be warned all we want, we need proof we need to see it in practice, we need to see it when a player gets mad at this old school coach wanting things their way, and how players respond. Are they all going to be accountable and receptive to him??!
Go ahead...walk up to him and call him a female dog. Allow us to take pictures first...

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

---

---
And that's why I love the Zimmer hire.....the country club atmosphere is going to take a backseat this year.....

CCBoy

Reaction score
Great he is a tough guy, but how far does that go with an in house collection of DTs that can’t play?

If Zim gave them some BS line that he can fix it so he could get the job…none of this has a remote shot to change.

We don’t have to wait until September to find out, we will know in 5-6 weeks.

“Know nothing” fans have been begging for a DT upgrade for literally YEARS while the “experts” have a better plan, and what happens in the playoffs? They get gashed in the middle.

They need to spend on a proven top player, but I’m nearly positive we will be hearing about how the expect Mazi Smith to be an all pro in year two.
Speed has been a dominant element at times, but there has been him in Dallas before and with a ring. And he earned Bill Parcells respect, quickly when he came on board.

This isn't the normal fan games coming down the chute, here.

Next the coaching problems are on the agenda...

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Some people are naturally discplined, while others need the structure to be accountable to results. Bottom line, when you're held accountable its much more likely performance will be better, provided there is reward for the effort.

Zimmers toughness is probably what the defense needs and hopefully they strike a good valance with McCarthy's style.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
What good does it matter when all you have is skill position players, and dieting DL-men? Empty promises, “all in” Bee Ess”, and a coach who hasn’t done much since riding Johnson’s coat tails.

I guess we’ll find it next January if they’re tired or not, tough or not.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Don’t know how this (Zim’s approach) will play out with our talented youthful lot, but it’s something I’m looking forward to seeing.

Also, curious to see if/what input Zim has during the draft and what positions he wants to fill to suit his defense.