TS: Darren Woodson Warns Players About Mike Zimmer

kevm3

Reaction score
I like the hard-nosed attitude Zimmer will bring. Some of the stuff we heard prior to that Green Bay game was concerning. The players need to be reigned in and kept focused if we want to go deep into the playoffs.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If he isn’t getting his sacks in this scheme it’s gonna get ugly.
I'm not convinced Parsons was being used correctly. Oh sure he made a big splash early on with all the sacks he got, but eventually teams got it figured out how to slow him down including holding because the Refs let 'em get away with it. Thus the sack numbers slowed down considerably. My hope is Zimmer will find a better way to use him. With Parson's speed, he should be a killer at the LB position if you use him correctly.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

---

Woodson wants them to know that Zimmer is not a "cuddly" coach. He's going to be tough every step of the way.

“He doesn’t have any ‘back up’ in him,” Woodson told ESPN's Todd Archer. “He’s going to set his feet. He will fight your *** tooth and nail, a lot like Bill Parcells. You’re going to do it his way. He might not be your best friend. It’s not going to be cuddly and kumbaya. That’s not happening. He’s going to test your mettle.”

ESPN analyst Marcus Spears on Zimmer: "He's a great man and he's a phenomenal football coach," Spears said. "Tough but fair and he cares about his guys. It was great to play for Zim even when he cursed me out."

---
He maybe tough on the players. But if we ain't got the talent, then there is no point in being tough.

Our team got shredded by the run against Green Bay. Being tough won't do a darn thing.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
This is good news. Just accept it upset fans. Time to stop crying on your beer and move on to next year. Try to be positive. Just for once.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I'm not convinced Parsons was being used correctly. Oh sure he made a big splash early on with all the sacks he got, but eventually teams got it figured out how to slow him down including holding because the Refs let 'em get away with it. Thus the sack numbers slowed down considerably. My hope is Zimmer will find a better way to use him. With Parson's speed, he should be a killer at the LB position if you use him correctly.
The blatant holding had an affect on our entire D.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
This is going to be a fascinating test of the new NFL player vs the old guard.

Not sure how it's going to play out, but it's what this team really needs.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
LOL the idea that this is gonna work with Parsons, Diggs and Lawrence is laughable. The only thing they will respect about that old man is his old lady. These players do not even respect themselves why in the world would they respect him.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If your players need some hard nosed drill sergeant to come in and save the day it is already too late. D Flaw and Sam Williams will have the locker room divided well before the end of training camp.

Big_D

Reaction score
It will be good that players will get chewed out. Discipline is a welcome change!

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Parsons was fantastic but faded late and disappeared when we needed him the most. It is on him to be better.

Loso86

Reaction score
We can be warned all we want, we need proof we need to see it in practice, we need to see it when a player gets mad at this old school coach wanting things their way, and how players respond. Are they all going to be accountable and receptive to him??!
We have proof of how HE is

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can be warned all we want, we need proof we need to see it in practice, we need to see it when a player gets mad at this old school coach wanting things their way, and how players respond. Are they all going to be accountable and receptive to him??!
I will wait to see how it all goes before I whine. :laugh:

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
This actually does make me feel a little better about the hire.
me too

The defense were the biggest front runners of this team.

They absolutely loved 3rd and 10 up by 10+ points. In a dog fight? They folded almost every time.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I can't wait until somebody is late for a meeting because they were working with their tailor on a gameday outfit to wear to the stadium.

---

Woodson wants them to know that Zimmer is not a "cuddly" coach. He's going to be tough every step of the way.

“He doesn’t have any ‘back up’ in him,” Woodson told ESPN's Todd Archer. “He’s going to set his feet. He will fight your *** tooth and nail, a lot like Bill Parcells. You’re going to do it his way. He might not be your best friend. It’s not going to be cuddly and kumbaya. That’s not happening. He’s going to test your mettle.”
."
Terrance and Aiden ain’t gonna like this, not one bit.