News: TS: New Details Emerge From Sam Williams' Car Accident; 98mph in 55mph zone

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Another article said they had the exact speed at time of accident. Black boxes collect data like the speed upon impact/deployment of air bags. My buddy works for GM and verified this.
Well, it gives the exact speed at the time of the accident, when the airbags deploy, but by then brakes have most likely been applied and it's going to give a slower speed than they were going before that. So using skid mark data combined with black box info, they average it out. I would imagine that even if there were no skid marks, the speed on the black box would still have been enough for the charge.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL, you are the one who has something "dark and troubling" to hide, so go right ahead Mr. I don't practice what I preach.
I have nothing dark and troubling to hide but apparently you do because my comments about Williams got under your skin. You’re certainly going out of your way to defend his actions with multiple posters. Don’t see anyone else defending him but you. :laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Then answer my question. Or just add more laughing emoji's, that'll show me.
I used the words “dark and “troubling” and that question was answered. It went from a traffic accident that could happen to anyone, to him doing 98 mph in a 55 mile an hour zone while weaving through traffic. I consider that dark and troubling for an NFL player, especially when the story continues to evolve. You don’t seem to get that he could’ve killed someone and been facing very serious charges. You have to be crazy driving at that kind of speed in traffic. It was reported that he ran a red light and was averaging 92 mph before the accident. This is the third thread on the accident and details continue to emerge. Makes you wonder what’s next?

Cowboys0988

Reaction score
I am curious if this guy had experience with high powered vehicles before?

If so...rear wheel drive ones?

Did Williams not say he bought that car just hours earlier?

Seems like there should be a different drivers license for vehicles with a certain horsepower and designed different(hemi, rear wheel drive) than economy cars. (yes...i get that electric vehicles are now faster and in economy cars)
Yeah.. Thats exactly what this country needs... More rules and laws.. Lets just make it so we have to get permission from our local politicians to leave the house or specific rules on how to drive certain cars. I bet theres a way they could tax us more and make more money off us. Win/Win.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Makes you wonder what’s next?
No, it doesn't, only if you think there is something "dark and troubling" about this, which there isn't. Trying to say I don't understand it could have been deadly is a strawman.

I see you are not going to answer my question, even though we all know what the answer is. But then, assuming that sports car in your avatar is yours, I'm sure you bought it to always stay within the speed limit and would never speed.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Yeah.. Thats exactly what this country needs... More rules and laws.. Lets just make it so we have to get permission from our local politicians to leave the house or specific rules on how to drive certain cars. I bet theres a way they could tax us more and make more money off us. Win/Win.
Some of the people in this thread scare me and I hope they never sit on a jury. To make this out as "dark and troubling" or that it was some sort of horrible deed is just astounding.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I guess young Sam was out pricing new corvettes the day the league was providing rookies life skills and trouble avoidance training.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, it doesn't, only if you think there is something "dark and troubling" about this, which there isn't. Trying to say I don't understand it could have been deadly is a strawman.

I see you are not going to answer my question, even though we all know what the answer is. But then, assuming that sports car in your avatar is yours, I'm sure you bought it to always stay within the speed limit and would never speed.
I don’t care what you think and your question was answered. You’re just looking for a fight. All you’re doing is trying to make this about me. Yes, that Ferrari in my avatar is mine and I only open it up in a safe environment, not in traffic.