News: TS: New Details Emerge From Sam Williams' Car Accident; 98mph in 55mph zone

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
If you want to waste your time with his go ahead but new details keep emerging and they’re not shining a good light on Williams.
That's quite an imagination you have there.
Speeding at 92mph in a 50mph zone could cause that. You do realize he hit a 71 year old lady, right? What if the lady died? Do you not realized the repercussions for driving recklessly?
Yeah, I know, she didn't die, she wasn't even seriously injured. No one said it's ok, it's just not like he murdered someone or beat his wife. He didn't even shop lift panties. Don't act like the guy is John Dillinger. The repercussions for driving recklessly in this case is a traffic fine.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's quite an imagination you have there.
It’s not my imagination there’s been three threads started about his traffic accident with more troubling details emerging with each one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
dude, unless you are wasted you KNOW when you are pushing 100 MPH no matter what vehicle you are in
Rather pathetic attempt to defend reckless driving
I think you misunderstood his meaning.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
with more troubling details emerging with each one
That the details are "troubling" and "dark" is where your imagination comes in. Just stop it, he's not some hardened criminal, it was just a wreck and a ticket.

Have you ever driven fast, what with that little speed wagon in your avatar?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Sam and he was on quite a roll before he reverted back to being a knucklehead. Thats probably why he was still on the board in round 2. Hope he gets his stuff together this offseason.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That the details are "troubling" and "dark" is where your imagination comes in. Just stop it, he's not some hardened criminal, it was just a wreck and a ticket.

Have you ever driven fast, what with that little speed wagon in your avatar?
He was driving recklessly at over 90 miles an hour and could’ve killed someone and himself. That’s troubling and stop defending him! You can get a murder charge for killing someone in a car accident while driving recklessly, at least you can in California.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
He was driving recklessly at over 90 miles an hour and could’ve killed someone and himself. That’s troubling and stop defending him!
He didn't kill anyone and I'm not defending him, you act like this makes him some horrible person and it's the crime of the century. You can kill someone in a crash at a much lower speed, happens every day.

So, are you going to answer my question? Fair is fair, we have a right to know how "dark and troubling" your past is if you are going to be so critical of someone else.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He didn't kill anyone and I'm not defending him, you act like this makes him some horrible person and it's the crime of the century. You can kill someone in a crash at a much lower speed, happens every day.

So, are you going to answer my question? Fair is fair, we have a right to know how "dark and troubling" your past is if you are going to be so critical of someone else.
He didn’t kill anyone but he could have. I’m not trying to make him out to be a horrible person, but had that woman died in the accident he would have ended up in a lot of trouble. I’m not about to waste all day arguing with you about this. If you want to argue with others about it go ahead.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao2:Completely forget about Sam Williams for a second. Let me see if I got this straight.

You get behind the wheel of a vehicle. ANY vehicle.

Your acceleration quickly increases the distance between your vehicle and the vehicle behind you.

Your acceleration prompts you to brake or change lanes to avoid colliding with the vehicle ahead of you (and your decisions are acted upon more quickly the faster you drive).

Your acceleration makes objects within your direct forward field of vision increase in size faster than at a lower speed. And objects like people, buildings, trees, etc., leave your peripheral field of vision more quickly than at a reduced speed.

But you do not know you have achieved a high rate of speed because the vehicle's acceleration is so freaking smooth that you do not even realize it?

I have driven Corvettes, Mustangs, Chargers, Challengers and one BMW since my late teens. Taken them to long stretches of road with practically zero traffic (a benefit of rural Louisiana). And EVERY time I first applied gas I have said, '<Expletive> me. That was quick.' And never forgot that high rate of acceleration, especially within city settings, afterwards.

I have gotten speeding tickets. Even lied one time that I did not know I was speeding.

I knew I was driving faster than other drivers. How? I was behind another car. I was beside that car. I was in front of that car. In that order I was not unconscious while passing that car.

Are the cabins of 'high performance' vehicles actually sensory deprivation tanks to some drivers?

C'mon people.

CowboysZone :facepalm:

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
He didn’t kill anyone but he could have. I’m not trying to make him out to be a horrible person, but had that woman died in the accident he would have ended up in a lot of trouble. I’m not about to waste all day arguing with you about this. If you want to argue with others about it go ahead.
You can kill someone any time you get behind the wheel of a vehicle. He didn't kill anyone so stop acting like he did or that what he did is "troubling and dark".

I see you don't want to answer my question about your own little sports car and how fast you drive.

kskboys

Reaction score
I am from the era(80's) when we all drove drunk. OK, most of us. I unfortunately drove when I shouldn't have many many times. Came close, but never had an accident while driving intoxicated. Why? Because, it was/is common knowledge that when you are driving after imbibing, you drive slowly. Speed limit at tops. Of the few kids who drove fast while intoxicated, several didn't make it.

Now, let me be clear, I do not condone what I did. I am against drinking and driving. Hypocritical? Yeah, prolly so.

However, the point remains. Anyone who imbibes and then drives that fast is a patent idiot/moron/complete fool. As dumb as drunk driving is, fast drunk driving is just beyond stupid.

Someone needs to get in this kid's ear and let him know his actions are completely unacceptable. And then intro him to Uber.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
I am from the era(80's) when we all drove drunk. OK, most of us. I unfortunately drove when I shouldn't have many many times. Came close, but never had an accident while driving intoxicated. Why? Because, it was/is common knowledge that when you are driving after imbibing, you drive slowly. Speed limit at tops. Of the few kids who drove fast while intoxicated, several didn't make it.

Now, let me be clear, I do not condone what I did. I am against drinking and driving. Hypocritical? Yeah, prolly so.

However, the point remains. Anyone who imbibes and then drives that fast is a patent idiot/moron/complete fool. As dumb as drunk driving is, fast drunk driving is just beyond stupid.

Someone needs to get in this kid's ear and let him know his actions are completely unacceptable. And then intro him to Uber.
Wait a minute, he was NOT DRINKING. What the hell is wrong with you people?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You can kill someone any time you get behind the wheel of a vehicle. He didn't kill anyone so stop acting like he did or that what he did is "troubling and dark".

I see you don't want to answer my question about your own little sports car and how fast you drive.
If you kill someone driving 98 mph in a 55 mph zone, while weaving through traffic that’s more than just a simple accident, it’s reckless driving which could lead to jail time. He was breaking the law! Don’t worry about my sports car and stop trying to make this a personal attack. You might want to move on.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
C'mon why? Who said he didn't know how fast he was going? Sam Williams didn't, as far as I know. So why even bring it up?
I said forget about Sam Williams. I was not talking about Williams. I am neither accusing nor care if someone said they 'knew' Williams did or did not know how fast he was going. I could not care less what he said, whether he was being honest or not.

No. I brought it up because of the suggestion made in this thread that high performance acceleration makes any driver unaware how fast they are going.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
If you kill someone driving 98 mph in a 55 mph zone, while weaving through traffic that’s more than just a simple accident, it’s reckless driving which could lead to jail time
No matter how many times you say that he still didn't kill anyone or even seriously injure anyone. And he didn't go to jail, only got a fine. So stop acting like he did something "troubling and dark".

He was breaking the law!
No one has said he wasn't.

Don’t worry about my sports car and stop trying to make this a personal attack.
LOL, I see there is something "dark and troubling" in your past because of your driving. Glass houses and all that, ya' know.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
No. I brought it up because of the suggestion made in this thread that high performance acceleration makes any driver unaware how fast they are going.
OK, this thread is full of stupid stuff like that. One has him as the next Charles Manson, another has him drunk. It's rather ridiculous.