News: TS: New Details Emerge From Sam Williams' Car Accident; 98mph in 55mph zone

Sydla

Reaction score
That's because he wasn't, you can bet your bottom dollar the police checked for that the day of the accident. Both drivers.

That's because they didn't know how fast he was going. There was no one there with a speed laser on him when it happened. They had to measure the skid marks, talk to witnesses including him, and then make a determination. They couldn't charge him with reckless driving until they made that determination. If he had not been speeding the other driver would have got the ticket. He was speeding, he caused the accident, he got the ticket, end of story.

So? There can be 20 on it and it still only amounts to a young man doing something dumb with his new toy. No one was killed, no one was seriously injured, two cars got totaled and he got a ticket. that is all. Calling it "dark" and thinking there is more to it is silly and hyperbolic.
They know the speed because the black box tells them the exact speed.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
They know the speed because the black box tells them the exact speed.
Nah, it only gives them an average. Says so in the news report. That and skid mark measurements are accurate enough to make the ticket stick.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
The important part is that he's hopefully learned his lesson.
Yeah, hopefully so. Knock on wood, I have had one wreck and that was around 40 years ago. I did something dumb too, made a U-Turn when I shouldn't have, but it made me drive much more carefully afterwards. Hopefully this makes Williams much more careful too.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LOL, I see there is something "dark and troubling" in your past because of your driving. Glass houses and all that, ya' know.
You keep making this personal and I’ll be hitting the report button. :thumbup:

Aftershock

Reaction score
That's quite an imagination you have there.

Yeah, I know, she didn't die, she wasn't even seriously injured. No one said it's ok, it's just not like he murdered someone or beat his wife. He didn't even shop lift panties. Don't act like the guy is John Dillinger. The repercussions for driving recklessly in this case is a traffic fine.
My issue is why risk going double the speed limit after what happened to Henry? Why risk your career to save 5 minutes to get to your destination? Is it worth losing millions?

I never said he deserves to go to prison for this.

conner01

Reaction score
He's young in a fast car. I had a few fast cars in my 20s, and believe me, I did my fair share of stupid things. Just be thankful nobody got hurt and hope that this is a lesson to him.

Some of you in here acting like you were never young and naïve. lol
I’ve certainly done the same thing and I suspect most here have or have done something just as dumb

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I should leave it alone, just hate seeing people make this kid out to be a demon.
Understood. I am disappointed that the event happened but extremely grateful no one, including Williams, was hurt.

I have worked in hospitals for over three decades. Witnessed the aftermath of people involving in horrific collisions. Car/Car. Car/Truck. Car/18 wheeler. Car/Tree. Truck/Train. Van/Train. Motorcycle/18 wheeler. Cars/pedestrians. Too much crap that cannot be unseen. It puts Williams' event in proper perspective for me.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nah, it only gives them an average. Says so in the news report. That and skid mark measurements are accurate enough to make the ticket stick.
Another article said they had the exact speed at time of accident. Black boxes collect data like the speed upon impact/deployment of air bags. My buddy works for GM and verified this.

JustChip

Reaction score
Glad everyone is OK, for the rate of speed Sam was traveling. Nowhere on Preston should you even think about hitting close to 100. Sheesh Sam. Rookie don't need that type of car, go ahead and get a F150 and chill out.
Yep, this could’ve been another Josh Brent incident.

But it had nothing to do with being a Vette. You can go 100 in an F150. Heck, you can go 100 in any vehicle except maybe a Yugo. And even one of them did 100 on the way down to water when blown off the Mackinac Bridge.

Londonboy

Reaction score
I know a lot of people are excited about Sam Williams and what he may be in the future. I am not one of those people. I think it's likely the Cowboys just replaced Randy Gregory with a younger version.
From smoking weed to smoking tyres.