News: TS: NFL Insider Does Not Expect Dak Prescott To Get Contract Extension In 2024

kskboys

Reaction score
I didnt say easily. You could restructure Martin, Diggs, and Dlaw and that gets you under the cap.

Cut LVE. And cut Gallup (post June 1). And you have money for draft picks.

They won’t be active players in free agency, but they never really are anyway so what else is new.
30 mil? You sure?

kskboys

Reaction score
Defense for sure has a lot of the blame but offense was the main reason imo. Especially the two 49ers games. Offense was part of the reason for the loss in 2016 vs gb also. Either way it was a team failure. But I don't put it all on dak.
No, it was equal blame. They both sucked.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Defense for sure has a lot of the blame but offense was the main reason imo. Especially the two 49ers games. Offense was part of the reason for the loss in 2016 vs gb also. Either way it was a team failure. But I don't put it all on dak.
See now you're really trying to stretch this thing out that offense did everything they could to make a comeback and the defense gave up the last play ,. blame the offense for what leaving too much points on the board is that that old saying you know that old saying means that you're scared to put your defense back out there because they suck.... That was clearly on the defense in 2016 and the 278 yards on the ground in 2018 and somehow you're blaming Prescott for 2021;11 penalties who can get past 11 penalties on the offensive line meaning we had no run game the offensive line wasn't getting any push and now hey dak 1st 20 3rd 10 2 and 20 etc etc tec you cannot play behind the chains in the NFL especially against that 49ers defense... So yeah, blaming some of it on the offense but that wouldn't be Prescott that would be the offensive line the lack of a run game the lack of a good game plan the lack of adjustments...

I mean and then you have to look over at the defense not making opportunities work because even in 2021 in the first half, Samuels had average 10 yards per carry, you know how much time of possession that ate up?? So no, the main reason for the loss was defense you can't play football if if you know your defense it's pretty much going to allow 30 to 40 points a game and they're not making any stops you're saying OK I need you to score on every drive and don't put because fans are going to blame you so you better make sure you score on every single drive....

These were TEAM losses, enough blame to go around but when you say the main reason is the offense, I'm sorry man, you're delusional...

kskboys

Reaction score
See now you're really trying to stretch this thing out that offense did everything they could to make a comeback and the defense gave up the last play ,. blame the offense for what leaving too much points on the board is that that old saying you know that old saying means that you're scared to put your defense back out there because they suck.... That was clearly on the defense in 2016 and the 278 yards on the ground in 2018 and somehow you're blaming Prescott for 2021;11 penalties who can get past 11 penalties on the offensive line meaning we had no run game the offensive line wasn't getting any push and now hey dak 1st 20 3rd 10 2 and 20 etc etc tec you cannot play behind the chains in the NFL especially against that 49ers defense... So yeah, blaming some of it on the offense but that wouldn't be Prescott that would be the offensive line the lack of a run game the lack of a good game plan the lack of adjustments...

I mean and then you have to look over at the defense not making opportunities work because even in 2021 in the first half, Samuels had average 10 yards per carry, you know how much time of possession that ate up?? So no, the main reason for the loss was defense you can't play football if if you know your defense it's pretty much going to allow 30 to 40 points a game and they're not making any stops you're saying OK I need you to score on every drive and don't put because fans are going to blame you so you better make sure you score on every single drive....

These were TEAM losses, enough blame to go around but when you say the main reason is the offense, I'm sorry man, you're delusional...
I honestly just cannot fathom how anyone can blame one and not the other. I mean, we were absolutely horrific on both sides of the ball.

MikeT22

Reaction score
It’s an experiment every time you add a young QB. As for trading a pick for a young QB, the Cowboys have only done that twice with Drew Henson and Trey Lance. The Texans realized Henson couldn’t play and the Cowboys were desperate and took a shot. The 49ers figured out Lance couldn’t play so to cover themselves in the event they moved on from Dak, the Cowboys decided to take a chance on Lance. They figured he likely has a better chance of amounting to something than a QB in the 4th round this April.
Heaven forbid Jerry ever spend more than a 4th on a QB. And now we use a 4th on someone else’s failure, not to mention time involved.

Brax

Reaction score
Who are you presuming will replace Martin?
There’s players on the roster there’s the draft, a 35 year old player who is on the downside should be replaced, if he got injured and can’t play you’re in the same boat.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not against GB or San Fran or Buffalo or the cards but you’re right there’s plenty to build on
As long as we acquire 3 starting quality LB's, a DE who can stop the run, and a highly disruptive 3 tech.

But, hey, to look at the bright side, we got a great backup TE on the pine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
There’s players on the roster there’s the draft, a 35 year old player who is on the downside should be replaced, if he got injured and can’t play you’re in the same boat.
I would've traded him last year already.

I don't think our OL is even close to the same w/o him, especially w/ an undersized C.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
0% chance they make it to the championship game on that cap hit. That would mean zero free agents, zero trades and cutting multiple players
Hey they are running it back right? Well prove it. What's the point in crapping the bed and then claiming that we need even more free agents?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no idea how you can honestly even say that. If Dak had played well, he'd already have a huge new contract in hand.
They like to go back just one game judging Dak instead of every meaningful game of his career .
Even Jerry has seen the deer in the headlights look enough times now..

kskboys

Reaction score
They like to go back just one game judging Dak instead of every meaningful game of his career .
Even Jerry has seen the deer in the headlights look enough times now..
That is for sure the impression I have gotten since the game ended.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

Cant say the defense was the main reason either that's delusional. Lots of people say that also. They could've held them to 24 point which the offense gave bg 14 of and dallas still wouldve lost imo. Blame here blame there. It is a team failure though

75boyz

Reaction score
Nothing says all in like a run it back year with the same head coaching and quarterbacking frauds I tell ya.

Can't wait...!
LOL
Might as well extend McCheese while we're at it.
Cowboys!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Heaven forbid Jerry ever spend more than a 4th on a QB. And now we use a 4th on someone else’s failure, not to mention time involved.
We haven’t had the need to use a premium pick on a QB and fans should be glad because many of those QBs end up being wasted draft picks. Just look at the picks SF wasted on Lance. Carolina wasted a lot of picks and a terrific receiver on Young. Had they not made the move they would be in position for an even a better QB prospect. If you have nothing at QB then a premium pick on the position is worth it but it doesn’t guarantee you’ll find the answer. Drafting a QB is a huge crapshoot.

MikeT22

Reaction score
We haven’t had the need to use a premium pick on a QB and fans should be glad because many of those QBs end up being wasted draft picks. Just look at the picks SF wasted on Lance. Carolina wasted a lot of picks and a terrific receiver on Young. Had they not made the move they would be in position for an even a better QB prospect. If you have nothing at QB then a premium pick on the position is worth it but it doesn’t guarantee you’ll find the answer. Drafting a QB is a huge crapshoot.
Much better to waste a decade on one who can’t get it done, right?