The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
RadioPoster6.jpg

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
So I guess you'll conveniently ignore that A&M went mano a mano with Oklahoma, the same team that spanked you boys in burnt orange like a red-headed stepchild. :cool:

The Aggies had to use not one but two trick plays on special teams to only lose the game by 7-- on their field...

Meanwhile, the Horns lost by 12-- on a neutral field...

silverbear

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
And you were one BS call away from losing to Kansas, yes that Kansas, Shut the hell up. POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR Longhorn.

Good teams figure out a way to avoid those kinds of upsets, mediocre teams don't...

Refresh my memory for me, when was the last time the Aggies won a conference championship in any major sport?? And when was the last time they were a top 25 program in football??

It takes somebody as stupid as your average everyday Aggie to talk trash when his team hasn't won jack in the best part of forever...

joseephuss

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Good teams figure out a way to avoid those kinds of upsets, mediocre teams don't...

Refresh my memory for me, when was the last time the Aggies won a conference championship in any major sport?? And when was the last time they were a top 25 program in football??

It takes somebody as stupid as your average everyday Aggie to talk trash when his team hasn't won jack in the best part of forever...

A&M won the Big XII football championship in 1998 and UT last won it in 1996. They also were ranked as high as 17 this season. :p

I went to A&M and am so glad R.C.Slocum(Mack Brown, Sr.) is gone. Coach Fran has this team on the right track. Still probably a year away from competing for a Big 12 title. Should be a fun game to watch on T+1 day.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
silverbear said:

I have no dog in this particular fight... but I will simply observe that the last time A&M was a top 25 team in football was approximately 1 second ago. They are currently 22 in the coaches' poll, 22 in the AP poll, and 20 in the BCS. They also have the #1 most difficult schedule in NCAA D-1A football this year.

It takes someone as stupid as.... nevermind ;)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:

Oh boy your an idiot:

1998: Big 12 championship
1988-1998: Ranked in the top 10 for at least one week in 7 out of 10 seasons
We are currently ranked 25th

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
A&M won the Big XII football championship in 1998 and UT last won it in 1996.

That was a great game too against Kansas State. Probably the best Aggie game I've ever seen live. Our own Dat Nguyen really showed up in that game.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Oh boy your an idiot:

i'm sorry....but this CRACKS ME UP!

good education at a & m, i guess!

ahhhh, roughneck....you beat me there!

silverbear

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
A&M won the Big XII football championship in 1998 and UT last won it in 1996. They also were ranked as high as 17 this season. :p

I should have been more clear, I meant when was the last time they were ranked at season's end...

I went to A&M and am so glad R.C.Slocum(Mack Brown, Sr.) is gone. Coach Fran has this team on the right track. Still probably a year away from competing for a Big 12 title. Should be a fun game to watch on T+1 day.

I think before too long, the Aggies might have a pretty good program... not as good as the Horns', you understand, but I see them as a program on the upswing... LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Oh boy your an idiot:

Well, unlike some people, I'm not such an idiot as to use "your" when I mean "you're"... I guess that's representative of the quality education you receive at Redneck Tech...

IOW, the Aggies haven't been anything to fear since the last millennium... which was my point...

silverbear

Reaction score
Danny White said:
I have no dog in this particular fight...

Aw, this ain't a fight, this is just some friendly trash talk... maybe if A&M ever gets good again, I'll be able to regard them as a "threat"... :D

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Well, unlike some people, I'm not such an idiot as to use "your" when I mean "you're"... I guess that's representative of the quality education you receive at Redneck Tech...

IOW, the Aggies haven't been anything to fear since the last millennium... which was my point...

Bulls***:

You asked when the last time A&M won any major conference title and when was the last time we were ranked. Well, we are ranked NOW you idiot and we won a Big 12 title just 6 years ago, you havent won one in 8 years. Go stick that in your pipe and smoke it. You know you had no clue about that and now your're trying to cover your ignorance by saying "oops...um....thats not what I meant".

silverbear

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Bulls***:

I am devasted by your eloquence... however, I stand by my claim... the Aggies haven't been a dangerous program for several years now, and are only just starting to rebuild their program... in this millennium, they have not finished higher than 3rd in the Big XII South...

You asked when the last time A&M won any major conference title and when was the last time we were ranked. Well, we are ranked NOW you idiot and we won a Big 12 title just 6 years ago, you havent won one in 8 years.

Now you're the one being an idiot... when I asked when A&M won ANY major conference title, I was obviously talking about ALL major sports, i.e., football, basketball and baseball... clearly, the Longhorns have champioships in the latter two more recently than that 8 year span you cite... perhaps the word "any" confused you...

And as I clarified a few posts back, when I asked about the last time A&M was ranked, I meant at the end of a season... given their lofty ranking now, if as expected they lose to the Horns, they won't be ranked in the final polls...

Go stick that in your pipe and smoke it. You know you had no clue about that and now your're trying to cover your ignorance by saying "oops...um....thats not what I meant".

I just phrased the question badly... but hey, if you wanna tell yourself that I don't check out the top 25 each week, so I didn't know the Aggies were currently ranked, go for it... but you're just fooling yourself, because I've been paying closer attention than usual to the top 25s, since I currently have 3 of my favorite teams ranked:

Texas is 5th in both the USA Today/ESPN and BCS polls...

Virginia is 18th in the USA Today poll, 19th in the BCS... I live about an hour and a half northwest of Charlottesville, and have followed the Cavs ever since Ralph Sampson played basketball for them... I saw Ralph play high school ball in Harrisonburg...

UTEP is 25th in the USA Today poll, 24th in the BCS... UTEP's where I went to college (and they're the preseason favorite to win the WAC basketball championship in their final season in that conference)... having the Miners ranked has been the best thing to happen for me this football season, that doesn't happen too often...

And the Aggies are 22nd in the USA Today poll, 20th in the BCS...

Until the Horns put a hurtin' on 'em... LOL...