Tua failing physicals

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
This sounds like a bunch of crap.

Has he taken any physicals lately? No.

So even if it is true that he has failed 1 or 2 physicals as has been reported they would have been from 2 months ago before the industry shut down. This stinks of a smear campaign designed to allow him to fall.

This. :hammer:

This is painfully obvious pre-draft propaganda that starts like clockwork every year about 2 weeks before the draft.

You can set your watch to it. I’m surprised we even take the bait anymore.

The real news here is that Tua is going to go much higher than most beat writers and draftniks think. Otherwise teams wouldn’t feel the need to wage a disinformation campaign in a desperate attempt to engineer a slide.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If Tua fell to the Cowboys' pick, we'd be stupid to pass on him.
The kid is the real deal. Character, accuracy, leadership, poise, smart, generational.
Besides, he has an advantage coming into the NFL. Quarterbacks are protected more in the NFL than in college.
Furthermore, he's not playing this year anyway. Let him get under an NFL strength and conditioning program. Let him heal appropriately. Let him learn the playbook for one year.
Give McCarthy a year to learn what type quarterback he has in Dak. If Dak falls on his face, Tua's sitting in the wings. If Dak gets this team to the Super Bowl, trade a healthy Tua to some other team for a package of picks.
You gamble on a player like Tua.
Having said thus, this is misdirection. Tua's not dropping out the top 5.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Because in my opinion Dalton would match the production of Prescott at a fraction of the cost and would be an ideal type of QB/character for a rookie to learn from next season.

Cam is more of a risk but people act as thoigh he and Dalton are like fifty years old!

I would prefer Dalton - I think he would do a very similar job to that of what Tannehill did for the Titans last season.

But I'm also good with Cam. Exciting potential of him with Zeke.

Dalton is on the decline himself. His numbers have been falling. He turns the ball over a lot more than Dak. His completion percentage hasn’t been nearly as good as Dak’s and his career passer rating is well below Dak’s at 87.5. Andy Dalton isn’t a winner. Some of you care more about saving money at QB than winning a championship.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
If he falls to us, we trade back for a boatload of picks...

Question: if this “boatload “ of picks actually exists, why didn’t teams slotted, say, 5 - 16, make the trade?

Tua, without a positive physical and workout, is likely the biggest boom or bust pick in modern NFL history.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he falls to 17, then his red flags are too much to take a risk on. If he is falling that hard, his landing spot is a team desperate for a QB prospect

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dalton is on the decline himself. His numbers have been falling. He turns the ball over a lot more than Dak. His completion percentage hasn’t been nearly as good as Dak’s and his career passer rating is well below Dak’s at 87.5. Andy Dalton isn’t a winner. Some of you care more about saving money at QB than winning a championship.
Andy Dalton lol

Still isnt as bad as when @erod said Ryan Fitzpatrick was better lol

Silly

Reaction score
Dallas is all about the oline. pick up a lineman and a wr that can start on day one. No More Projects. How about Jerry try to Win This Season?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
For example- if I’m watching video of Ala QB Tua Tagovailoa, it’s worth noting who the highlights are against. If he’s shredding the defenses of Louisiana-Lafayette or Colorado State, that is a completely different talent level than against Auburn or LSU. I’ve seen many fans gush over a player's highlights against some small school being carved up by 50 points, against players that may not even be Div I college level talent, much less the NFL.

You mean this video against LSU when Tua throws for 354 yards and 3 TDs in Death Valley or this video against Auburn when Tua throws for 324 yards and 5 TDs and runs for 1.

To hear you tell it LSU and Auburn were more like the College of the Sisters for Charity. ;)

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because in my opinion Dalton would match the production of Prescott at a fraction of the cost and would be an ideal type of QB/character for a rookie to learn from next season.

Cam is more of a risk but people act as thoigh he and Dalton are like fifty years old!

I would prefer Dalton - I think he would do a very similar job to that of what Tannehill did for the Titans last season.

But I'm also good with Cam. Exciting potential of him with Zeke.
You havent watched these two in a good long while, have you?

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
But you wanna guarantee a guy who can't pass physicals 8 million to back him up year 1? LOLOLOLOLOL
Last year's 15th pick, also a QB, received the following:

FOUR-YEAR TOTAL: $14,416,611
SIGNING BONUS: $8,504,808
2019 SALARY CAP NUMBER: $2,621,202

So yes, about 8 in the first year, but then only 6 over the next 3 years.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I kid you not about 3 weeks after the season ended someone suggested Vince Young as an option. :confused: They pointed to his rookie year as if that was only a few seasons ago and said he would play for cheap. They went on to say Young probably still has some mobility and if it doesn’t work out we can just draft a QB.
I have no words other than cure it with fire

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Im still waiting on someone to suggest talking Ty Detmer or Todd Collins out of retirement

Any QB that will play for cheap the majority of the fan base will be in favor of. It’s not about winning it’s about getting a good bargain at the position.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Any QB that will play for cheap the majority of the fan base will be in favor of. It’s not about winning it’s about getting a good bargain at the position.
Or getting rid of the guy they dont like

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean this video against LSU when Tua throws for 354 yards and 3 TDs in Death Valley or this video against Auburn when Tua throws for 324 yards and 5 TDs and runs for 1.

To hear you tell it LSU and Auburn were more like the College of the Sisters for Charity. ;)
I’m not saying Tua is terrible. He’s very good. But put in context. He threw 17 or his 33 TDs last year against Non-SEC opponents. All of his INTs were against SEC opponents. Again, not saying he sucked, just saying context always matters.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I’m not saying Tua is terrible. He’s very good. But put in context. He threw 17 or his 33 TDs last year against Non-SEC opponents. All of his INTs were against SEC opponents. Again, not saying he sucked, just saying context always matters.
Your post said he was shredding poor defenses and not elite defenses, as represented by LSU and Auburn. That's simply not true. Furthermore, he was hurt last year. First his ankle, then his hip. If you're playing on a bad ankle, you're not going to be able to step into your throws.
Moreover, why would his interceptions being against good teams be a knock on him. That's like saying all of Dan Marino's interceptions were against elite corners like Deion Sanders, Rod Woodson, Aeneas Williams and Darrell Green. Okay. And? Marino probably threw picks against those guys but also threw touchdowns on them too.
No, Tua has elite passing skills. Durability? I'll give you that. But he torched Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma and Auburn as well as the Little Sister's of the Poor. ;)