Tua T. And T. Lawrence

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well, what's the low end of market value for QBs now? Is it still around 40-45? Do you think they'll pay him this offseason?
The low end appears to be around $40M. The only way they pay him this offseason is if he’s willing to accept the low end or just above it. I would think he would want to improve his leverage by having a big season in 2024.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's gonna be an interesting off season not just for these two, but the whole league will be watching. How can any franchise offer these two a huge contract?
They aren't the only QBs in line for a huge contract this off season.

joseephuss

Reaction score
You were saying?

Steve Young reaches NFC Championship in his 4th year
Kurt Warner = 3rd year
Drew Brees = 6th year
Peyton = 6th year
Elway = 4th. year
Where are you getting 4th year for Steve Young? He didn't become the primary starting QB for SanFran until his 5th year with the team in 1991. He spent 2 years in Tampa and a season with LA in the XFL before joining the 49ers. He finally reached the NFC championship in 1992 as the starter at age 30. It then took 2 more seasons before he won a SB. Shows that QB may not contribute early, but still has time to develop.

Kurt Warner also took a long path. He won a SB in his second season in the NFL, but he spent several years honing his craft in lesser leagues before ever joining the NFL at age 27.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Have to give Lawrence a pass on his first year because of the Urban Meyer Fiasco. So I would not hold those losses against him.
I think they pick up the option but do not extend him until they see if he can take another step forward.
Lawernce is interesting because sometimes you really see it in him, but then sometimes he is just average. I do think there is a chance he could be a top tier guy

GINeric

Reaction score
You were saying?

Steve Young reaches NFC Championship in his 4th year
Kurt Warner = 3rd year
Drew Brees = 6th year
Peyton = 6th year
Elway = 4th. year

Last I checked, it is about winning championships. How old were all these guys when they turned the corner and won a championship???

You were saying?

Flamma

Reaction score
Which other ones?
If we're just talking QBs on rookie contracts, the only other QBs I can think of is Justin Fields and Jordon Love. Either one can get an extension, but I doubt either one does in this offseason. The person you were responding to may have been referring to already established QBs up for an extension.