News: Tulsa HC Talks Penalties, Portal & More On T. Smith

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Coaching will be critical to developing this young player. Philbin better not screw this one up. Teach him hand placement. Technique will solve Tyler Smith's problem with penalties.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Can anyone point to a similar player who was this "raw" and was able to correct their technique at the NFL level?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why couldn't they address his technique at Tulsa?
They probably did but the amount of time they get with him as opposed to once he's a pro is different.

I think we might be more concerned about why the Cowboys can't seem to get OL up to speed unless they're 1st rounders.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
This kid sure generates a lot of talk across the entire spectrum from posters here. Everything from declaring him an obvious immediate bust to its time to plan his ROH and HOF ceremonies now. Best to hope for the best and wait and see how things develop. He is a Cowboy now and I am his fan. The teams really needs some good players on the O line. Maybe, just maybe, he will be one.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I like the fact that he is strong and athletic with a mean streak. That's what you need on the o-line. Let's hope he learns to position his hands better so he gets less penalties.