Turpin making a case at WR

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He does bring some good energy to the offense. I think he can be a solid utility player, but can't see him playing a large percentage of offensive snaps.

30 catches 350 yards
10 rushes 85 yards
3 tds

ESisback

Reaction score
We just have another Lucky Whitehead

That’s not a knock. Whitehead was a good player here

That’s s decent comparison, but wasn’t Turpin an MVP in that other league? I wonder if Whitehead could have achieved that. What do you think?

John813

Reaction score
Dude looks like a freshman going against varsity size wise.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
The problem that little guys who succeeded in college have in the pros is that bigger corners with good speed/recovery like to come up and bump and run with them because they can keep them from getting their legs under them to use their speed. The guys who succeed are those who can handle/escape from those situations and then blaze away from the CB. That causes defenders to back off them and respect their speed. We'll see if this is something Turpin can regularly handle.

"motion"

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Tyreek is fast. Tyreek is elusive. Tyreek is tough. You could use all of those same three sentences to describe Turbin.

Turbin is a weapon no matter where he lines up. Now do you get it?

Turpin is for sure tough, he is going to need to make some plays in pre season...some will not see past his size until he does.

He has never had a problem getting free at the line but he also never did it week in and out against NFL CB's..

FanofJerry

Reaction score
perfect for tunnel screens, rocket screens, smoke routes, Jet sweeps, also showing to be a deep threat.
do we have a poor mans Tyreek Hill?

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/turpin-shocks-bolts-in-scrimmage-it-s-what-i-do

Man...you could probably make a little money on youtube describing plays and the terminology coaches use. Im sure someone already does it. But a detailed list of plays and styles of offense and defense using the terminology coaches use would be so helpful.

I wish I knew which each of the highlighted plays were lol.

Just title the video Jet Sweep AKA "whatever other names the play is commonly referred as by coaches". Have a channel and a short video of each play...you could do it for pretty much every sport. It would make things easier for fans to figure out what the commentators and x and o's gurus are talking about haha.

Big D

Reaction score
i dont trust theboy genius to use him properly,he will be stuck with jet sweeps for his cowboy tenure instead of beating DBs with his speed.
This is kinda how I feel as well. We've had a guy similar in tavon austin that we got minimal usage from and we've had pollard basically sitting in neutral since he's been here. I hope he can figure something out but I suspect kellen will be kellen but it is encouraging that he's getting the reps in practice!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Hope the kid pans out.

But I will believe this offense will be better when it counts when I see it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the Cowboys really need to pair with Lamb and Gallup is a "Patrick Crayton" type of player.

While I realize Crayton rubbed some people the wrong way, on the field he was a reliable #3 receiver with great hands and was a smooth and consistent route runner.

The only mistake with Crayon was moving him up to the #2 position. It was not that he could not handle it but rather he was more valuable to the team being the third receiver, especially when on the field with a #1 and #2 receiver and Jason Witten.