Turpin making a case at WR

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
What the Cowboys really need to pair with Lamb and Gallup is a "Patrick Crayton" type of player.

While I realize Crayton rubbed some people the wrong way, on the field he was a reliable #3 receiver with great hands and was a smooth and consistent route runner.

The only mistake with Crayon was moving him up to the #2 position. It was not that he could not handle it but rather he was more valuable to the team being the third receiver, especially when on the field with a #1 and #2 receiver and Jason Witten.

I can dig what you are saying Reality, this year we are in similar situation, Ceedee is only the proven WR and #1 until Gallup comes on and Schultz is #2 , #3 will be a combo of Tolbert, Brown and Fehoko , probably Turpin too.

what Moore should do is not only employ Turpin for jet sweeps type of plays from backfield but should combine with a couple of play action long hitting pass plays too , if Turpin starts in the backfield and gets out of LOS unscathed without a assigned DB , he will outrun most defenders in my opinion.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Dre11

Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? You know the comeback is the favored route.

That's league wide, but if you watch saw some of the footage from camp. They've been running some Texas routes too. They're ran a lot in the west coast offense.

Ken

Reaction score
What the Cowboys really need to pair with Lamb and Gallup is a "Patrick Crayton" type of player.

While I realize Crayton rubbed some people the wrong way, on the field he was a reliable #3 receiver with great hands and was a smooth and consistent route runner.

The only mistake with Crayon was moving him up to the #2 position. It was not that he could not handle it but rather he was more valuable to the team being the third receiver, especially when on the field with a #1 and #2 receiver and Jason Witten.
Cedrick Wilson was that exact player. His cost just became prohibitive.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He'll be good for about 3 or 4 plays a game - outside of punt return work.
Increase his load, and he'll be hurt in a hurry.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cedrick Wilson was that exact player. His cost just became prohibitive.
Wilson is a good receiver, but he's more of a traditional #2 style of receiver.

Crayton was more of a possession receiver who made plays because of his smooth routes and great hands.