Turpin Time up?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Based on this 2 yr experiment I hope this roster spot is a battle in camp and not just handed out to Turpin . Other than a handful of sure vets to make the Cleveland game round one dog fights for spots should be everywhere . K & Punter are a lock and a few other positions .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Competition. Who knows if another return man / viable receiver can emerge . This team is not flush with playoff success to be handing out jobs . I think it’s a huge mistake yr 9 Prescott has never been challenged let alone a kick returner

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Based on this 2 yr experiment I hope this roster spot is a battle in camp and not just handed out to Turpin . Other than a handful of sure vets to make the Cleveland game round one dog fights for spots should be everywhere . K & Punter are a lock and a few other positions .
He’s going to be our return guy on KOs and with the new KO rule it should really benefit him. He’s got speed so I expect him to continue to evolve as a receiver. He caught 12 passes last year for 127 yards and 3 TDs. He was also used in the backfield as a runner with 11 carries for 110 yards and a TD. I don’t see Turpin going anywhere.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Honestly Id rather see Turpin compete for a bigger role offensively than have someone compete with him to be the returner.

4 TD's on 23 offensive touches

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
Competition. Who knows if another return man / viable receiver can emerge . This team is not flush with playoff success to be handing out jobs . I think it’s a huge mistake yr 9 Prescott has never been challenged let alone a kick returner
then let that man be backup..as we'll need one should turpin get injured .

Havic

Reaction score
He is fast but he lacks vision on returns and it shows. He should have returned a couple back to the house already by now but took the wrong cut.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Honestly Id rather see Turpin compete for a bigger role offensively than have someone compete with him to be the returner.

4 TD's on 23 offensive touches

He can be a threat on offense if they would incorporate more plays snaps for him . I have a feeling Durden and Flournoy have strong camps for WR touches

plasticman

Reaction score
I too believe in competition. Besides, even if he keeps the job, wouldn't they need a contingency plan in the event of an injury?

"Filling a position" should never be limited to a single option. If there is a need and you fill that position with one player, then you are always one play away from repeating the issue.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I too believe in competition. Besides, even if he keeps the job, wouldn't they need a contingency plan in the event of an injury?

"Filling a position" should never be limited to a single option. If there is a need and you fill that position with one player, then you are always one play away from repeating the issue.

Exactly . Turpins size leads to injury possibilities. Deuce Vaughn certainly has not lit up the RB room let’s see him return some kicks preseason and punts .