Turpin Time up?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Based on this 2 yr experiment I hope this roster spot is a battle in camp and not just handed out to Turpin . Other than a handful of sure vets to make the Cleveland game round one dog fights for spots should be everywhere . K & Punter are a lock and a few other positions .
You see that catch he made over his head one of the best plays of the entire SF game? Literally if he was used properly which this is on Mike McCarthy so Ron if you don't like the guy too bad I see lots of potential he needs to be in the slot more or in motion and they need to get CD lamb from running the football behind the line of scrimmage and all that other stuff he's doing extra and give that to Turpin and guys like deuce fawn are not getting used properly I can't stress that enough that what you saw last year could have been more dangerous if they use Turpin more like Beasly..

I hope year one Mike McCarthy just wanted to keep the basics of his offense to get installed because they left so much on the field that they could use Turpin for he's not being handed anything I think he's not getting enough snaps on offense how about this let do spawn take the special teams snaps like 75% of them only use Turpin like when maybe you need a big place so you throw them in there in a very favorable spot like they used to use Dez and even deon Sanders when they weren't on special teams anymore on a regular basis but they came in and big spots do that but let deuce fall and take the rest of those snaps and then let do swan also be a running back in times when you need to slide them out but Cavani interprets should be used more as a slot wide receiver and used a lot more in motion let the guy show his talents cause in my opinion this is a coaching and scheme issue last year I didn't see one running back being used properly all year and some of these packages where they were handing the ball off to CD land behind the line of scrimmage as nice as that is I don't want our bonafide superstar elite soon to be the highest paid non quarterback in the league probably having that many touches especially behind the line of scrimmage...

People need to look at this video and realize he's an underutilized weapon and I'll blame that on our coaching staff as usual the stuff I saw from him outside the fumbles outside of the bubbles with strobe me crazy this dude is like some untapped potential on big plays both on offense and special teams but I want him more as a wide receiver this dude needs more touches...

HungryLion

Reaction score
Turpin is a very good return man and there are also not 6 other receivers on the team
Who are better than him.

He is going nowhere.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He can be a threat on offense if they would incorporate more plays snaps for him . I have a feeling Durden and Flournoy have strong camps for WR touches
so you're saying that you're completely reversing field on is this turpins times up the experiment no he never was not an experiment he's being miss-utilized... It's quite obvious he could be more of a weapon if Mike McCarthy or anybody decided to use him more anybody who says he's a threat to get injured more since why and show me all the injuries he's piling up both leagues he's played in and in college show me how he's injury prone he's not yes, he's small ,and could get injured and I see big dudes getting injured all the time, it's football ,I see non-contact injuries all the time.

Let me be clear he should be the number three wide receiver in most cases he's underutilized he is job is not on the line if that was your question in your original post absolutely not if somebody loses his position it'll be the other guy who's not utilized properly and do spawn there's not room for both probably, they're not getting rid of Turpin...

blueblood70

Reaction score
The sad part is the 12 receptions people mock but when you look at the highlight reel this is on the offensive coordinator this man's got too much talent to only get that little targets on offense I realize lamb ate up a lot of targets last year but you can find ways to get this guy more in the offense everyone's worried about the number three wide receiver and there he is right there he needs to be in motion out of a slot taking handoffs take some of that away from lamb we don't need lamb getting hurt.. Even on special teams people forget in those highlights even if he's not scoring touchdowns this man like most would say is probably one of the top returners in football he's not being cut off this team in fact I think he's gonna get a lot more work this year I think if you want this offense to be a little bit more dangerous you need to get him involved more..

RonWashington

Reaction score
Let’s guarantee roster spots pre training camp on a team hasn’t done playoff damage in decades . Ok

chagus

Reaction score
Turpin has earned his roster spot, no doubt. It would be odd to let go a proven commodity.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. I doubt there is a better return man on this roster
2. They didn't sign or draft a WR that would be an immediate upgrade there either.

They could absolutely use Turpin more. But I can not blame Dak for wanting to goto his bigger, better target in CD most of the time.

JBS

Reaction score
Out of all the issues this roster has, you decided to go after Turpin? For what lol

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Let’s guarantee roster spots pre training camp on a team hasn’t done playoff damage in decades . Ok
What makes you think other players will not have an opportunity to return kicks and punts in Training Camp and Preseason games?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Given Turpins stature “ size “ MM might be picking his spots with Turpin . Can’t take the beating Deebo Samuels undertakes . I’m all for juicing up the offense .

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Based on this 2 yr experiment I hope this roster spot is a battle in camp and not just handed out to Turpin . Other than a handful of sure vets to make the Cleveland game round one dog fights for spots should be everywhere . K & Punter are a lock and a few other positions .
I don't think Turps time is up, he will earn his role solidly on STs if nothing else.

Turp at best is in Comp with Tolbert for WR3 behind Lamb and Cooks and WR3 just will not be used enough to be considered failing if we don't have all world talent at wr3.

If I were to exaggerate, but it's true.

The WR3 in this offense is a seldom package, and with the development of TE depth on this roster even bumps the WR3 out even more now.

We do not need to worry at all about who our WR3 is going to be.

Keep a close eye on the following..

Schoonmaker, give kid his chance, just another rook TE last year, you got some serious comp that will be pushing you now.

John Stephens Junior, just wait until people start seeing a healthy JSJ again.

Hendershot... Don't laugh, I'm talking competition to stay around, so he needs a really solid camp to somehow survive.

Brevyn Span Ford... yes, he is a rook, but he has the frame to be a developmental OL that can also be stashed easily and possibly take advantage of some short yardage and GL looks.

So, when I review this Offensive Roster overall, I'm least concerned about WR and TE depth.