Turpin's best game in some time

With Turpin, I feel l, they should put on the return instead of going for the block. How many punts get blocked every year, 4? So a punt returned for a TD is more likely to happen than a block. Math don't lie.
 
That seems like it was Turpin's best game on special teams in some time.
He's trying to hit holes more at speed this year instead of a hesitating to try to let the blocking develop before hitting a hole. He had a good game last week against Baltimore, too. He averaged 31.0 per return in that one. Actually looking at his numbers, he averaged 30.5 against Washington. Right now, he's second in the league in return average at 28.13, which puts him in the top five of those with 10 or more returns.

I think some of our fans expect more than is realistic from Turpin.

I'm not that satisfied with our special teams coordinator, but Turpin is playing pretty well and I feel like Spann-Ford and Luepke are doing well on kick coverage with help from Aubrey's knuckleballers, when he can land them in the landing zone and keep them from going out of bounds. It appeared to me that we adjusted them some this week to have him not kick them as close to the sideline.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,125
Messages
14,668,993
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top