Twitter: Tweets from Training Camp Practice #3 Thread - 07/22/13

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
How is it even possible that they havent called Richard Seymour?

Ratliff is always hurt. Crawford is probably out for the season. Brent "retired." Lissemore, Bass, and Hayden have never proven anything. Without making a move, we are talking about having Hatcher as our only reliable DT, and he's on the wrong side of 30.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is it even possible that they havent called Richard Seymour?

Ratliff is always hurt. Crawford is probably out for the season. Brent "retired." Lissemore, Bass, and Hayden have never proven anything. Without making a move, we are talking about having Hatcher as our only reliable DT, and he's on the wrong side of 30.

Just reading Broaddus tweets, he says to consider more of a young guy than an aging vet. Seymour is on the wrong side of 30, too. He mentioned Jamal Anderson. I read they have no interest in bringing back Hargrove. Soo... *shrug*

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Would not be a good idea to go into the season with the DL as is. I understand wanting to give the young guys a chance, but most of these guys were UDFAs, not exactly a ringing endorsement of talent.

You need good depth on the DL, more so than any other position. Those guys rotate in and out constantly throughout a game.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think if the Cowboys bring someone in, it will be after teams start making cuts. Right now the guy on the market are on the market for a reason they are on their last leg.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Just reading Broaddus tweets, he says to consider more of a young guy than an aging vet. Seymour is on the wrong side of 30, too. He mentioned Jamal Anderson. I read they have no interest in bringing back Hargrove. Soo... *shrug*
Yea I know, and I understand that they arent going to do it lol. I just think its dumb not to bring him in.

I like the push for younger players, but to win, you still have to have good ones. Id think that Seymour is probably better than anything we have after Ratliff. Not to sound like Mickey, but a guy who gets cut in training camp will be cut for a reason.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 6m
Marnelli and Kiffin has spent the better part of this period just working with Ware on playing blocks. pic.twitter.com/Sy6P21GRIu
Still no Livings or Bernadeau or Leary with the walk thru offense. Young guys getting early reps with defense. Taylor and Sheffield at DE

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 5m
its no surprise the cowboys are now saying the replacement for crawford is on the roster. no one is available. might change at final cuts

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 3m
Wilber running with the 1s for Spencer during morning walkthroughs

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 3m
Anthony Spencer not on practice field. Sore knee needed MRI.
As first team D takes work LB DeVonte Holloman working 10 yards deeper mirroring what Justin Durant is doing. Mental reps.

Brad Sham ‏@Boys_Vox 2m
No Spencer again in walk through. Kyle Wilber LDE.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 2m
Jason Garrett watching WRs run routes during walk-thru: "Yeah! I love that one Dez. That was perfect."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 2m
Monte Kiffin just gave himself a head slap. Players chuckled.
Monte Taylor and Cameron Sheffield are the backup DEs with Spencer, Crawford out.
Blitz work in the D walkthrough this morning

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 1m
Spencer tweaked his knee during conditioning test but just said it was a little sore yesterday. Didn't seem too concerned.

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 19s
Anthony spencer going over some techniques with Kyle Wilber

ESPN Dallas Live Chat for those not on twitter: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4710151/live-from-dallas-cowboys-training-camp-2

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 23s
Looks like it's Ike at left DE.

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 1m
Monte Kiffin is not happy with his defense. Yelling at them to "get it right."

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Excellent tweets WG, and absolutely right that there is no need to panic at this point with Crawfords injury.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 4m
Romo is totally coaching the receivers as QBs and WRs work by themselves. He is using coach Derek Dooley as a defender.

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 4m
With this blitz work I wonder how Scandrick will be off the slot. Ronde Barber was effective at it
Gavin Escobar as second TE today. James Hanna was it Sunday
Actually haven't seen James Hanna take any snaps yet.
Hanna limping a little. Will find out after practice.
Dwayne Harris lines up in wrong spot. Two mental errors in two walkthroughs

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 2m
Spence sitting out the walk-through. He's out here, though. Wilber on there.
Garrett wants 'clean huddles.' Tells the OL, 'Set a nice back wall.' And Orton, 'Back out of there a little bit, 18.'

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 3m
Cowboys DE Kyle Wilber working with the first team defensive line during walk-throughs.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 31s
First backup off the bench was Sheffield for Ware at RDE with the ones.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 2m
Hanna has that body language like he is a little sore from yesterday. Have yet to see him jump in the mix. Been Escobar and Witten.

Garrett pounding these huddles. Wants repeats to happen 'from the huddle.'
These huddles are happening only 5 yards from the line. Not in hurry-up, but it sure doesn't take long to cover 5 yards. Half the time huh?

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 1m
Not going to get carried away but JJ Wilcox with a pick in walkthrough.

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins
Gavin Escobar getting some run with 1-team at TE.
Bruce Carter just picked off a Tony Romo pass intended for Witten.

Reaction score
If Bruce Carter can make half the plays in real games that he makes in practices without pads, he's going to be a beast. He is all over the ball.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 4m
It's fun to see Witten and Lee even battle in a walk thru, neither give an inch. Carter with an INT vs Witten on a vertical release.
Beasley has been really nice on his releases but Albright walked outside and erased him with his length. Tough to get around.

Cameron Sheffield and Ike I are the second DEs. Right and left.

Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 2m
New Cowboys D coord Monte Kiffin calls for a repeat for the defense, saying, "We can't have busts like that."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 5m
Monte calls a timeout! Lol. Stops the walk-through to fix something with the 3s. Ambled right over.
The three receiver set is Dez, miles, Williams. Lee drops back so far, he winds up on Miles over the middle.

Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 4m
Offense has rehuddled several times in walk through. But Monte Kiffin just called for a TO. How many TOs are you allowed in a walk-through?

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 4m
James Hanna appears to be nicked up and that's a reason why Escobar is getting time.
Jason Garrett cussing out the tackles and tight ends.

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 4m
Jason Hatcher bears watching today. Might be dominating the middle here early.
Second day in row there is no alternating between Doug Free and Jermey Parnell.
Jason Garrett salty to the offense saying You need to block the guys in blue jerseys

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 5m
Garrett pulls the 3 offense out of the series. 'Pre-snap penalty. I need the 1s in the huddle. The 3 defense stays out there.'

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 4m
Garrett did something interesting, he had the ones run one play then brought the threes back to run the same play to show them Practice done

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 46s
Romo getting some individual work with his No 2 TEs Hanna and Escobar pic.twitter.com/FLgWUwKNjD

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 4m
After shaking hands with Jay Ratliff he wouldn't say when he would return.

Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 5m
Here with @BruceCarter54 pic.twitter.com/ajO6WPsPYn