Twitter: Tweets from Training Camp Practice #3 Thread - 07/22/13

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Sounds like Spencer will be taking it easy every time he breaks a nail this season.

coult44

Reaction score
The defense is always ahead of the offense at this time of camp. Once the pads come on and the guys have a few days under their belts you will see the difference. Not saying our o line is great by any means, but this is expected at this point in the camp, especially with the guards out.

I guess I'm an idiot, or just a had a two day brain fart....All these injuries (big or little) and we don't even have the pads on yet??? WTH

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Sounds like Spencer will be taking it easy every time he breaks a nail this season.

If he wants a big contract after this season, from anybody, he needs to have a big year. Playing ultra cautious might work for a 24 year old WR, but not for a DE that will be 30 in the offseason.

sacase

Reaction score
I don't get these fans, one minute they are screaming for the team to get younger, then the next they are getting mad because the team is not signing ageing vets who prety much only have name recognition. When the team signs these aging vets they scream "we need to let the younger guys plays and give them a chance" Such bi-polar fans, they just want to cry about something. This is truly damned if you do damned if you don't type situation.

As far as what the team is doing, I like it. They are giving the guys on the roster a chance to show up. If they don't show up, they will wait till final cuts and see what other teams have cut, they might find that solid vet who was cut in favor of a younger player, or that younger player who was good but just not quite good enough to make it on a deep roster. Kind of like how we got Lauren Robinson two years ago.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
So all the people saying that DL should have been picked instead of Escobar when Crawford went down - what say you now??

Fo realz though - what the heck is wrong with the Cowboys conditioning program???

You do realize, don't you, that the old "strained hammy" is the time honored method for veterans to reduce their reps in the training camps... right?

Mind_Liberator

Andrei Kostitsyn
Reaction score
You do realize, don't you, that the old "strained hammy" is the time honored method for veterans to reduce their reps in the training camps... right?

Hahaha, I was waiting for someone to say that. Admittedly, I was notorious for this throughout my time playing ball... Hopefully these bumps are being overstated...

Zordon

Reaction score
no words to describe this oline and the people who allow this year after year. it's truly shameful....especially when you consider who we're inducting into the hall in two weeks.

Zordon

Reaction score
toddarcher
Jason Garrett to rookie RB Joseph Randle: You're not in Stillwater anymore.
7/22/13 6:25 PM

calexmendez
Danny Coale not out here.
7/22/13 6:25 PM

jonmachota
Cowboys going through team drills with no helmets. Kyle Orton wearing a hat, looking like Shane Falco from The Replacements.
7/22/13 6:21 PM

Zordon

Reaction score
NFLCharean
Spencer, Ratliff, Crawford, Hanna and Coale are not at practice.
7/22/13 6:28 PM

calvinwatkins
Terrance Williams is the 3 WR in that set with the 1-team.
7/22/13 6:31 PM

JoeTrahan
Conditioning coach M Woicik stretching out Dez’s hammies. Time to go to work! #wfaacowboys @wfaasports #pmpractice http://t.co/J6os36Z9i4
7/22/13 6:32 PM

calvinwatkins
Jason Garrett made 2-team run a drill again because jermey Parnell committed a false start.
7/22/13 6:33 PM

espn_macmahon
Jason Garrett talks blue and makes backup offense repeat a rep because OT Darrion Weems didn't hustle through the end zone.
7/22/13 6:33 PM

espn_macmahon
Travis Frederick ran a terrible 40 time, but he doesn't look slow pulling out in front of screens.
7/22/13 6:35 PM

Zordon

Reaction score
dmn_george
Don't remember this OL drill last season during Cowboys training camp: http://t.co/dQRmULxJRT
7/22/13 6:36 PM
BP0MOxhCMAEvBsm.jpg:

CowboysNation1
To speed things up, Callahan will call out, "Run play eight" and the QBs look at wristband and run "Play 8" at 3/4 speed
7/22/13 6:37 PM

calvinwatkins
Lavasier tuinei is running sprints and getting ready to take the conditioning test.
7/22/13 6:42 PM

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Williams in at #3 with a healthy Harris.....interesting.

Williams and Escobar getting looks today with the 1s.