Twitter: Tweets from Training Camp Practice #3 Thread - 07/22/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 20s
Anthony Spencer says it's a bone bruise that's hurting him. Same thing from offseason. Says he aggravated iron conditioning test.
Asked if he's concerned about the injury, especially if it happened just from running, Spence says yeah, it's a concern.

Brad Sham ‏@Boys_Vox 1m
Tonight on Training Camp Roundup on FSN: Bill Callahan tells @Spags52 Frederick & Costa getting guard reps in pre practice Blue Period.

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 1m
Stop if you've heard this before: James Hanna has hamstring strain

DFWJC

Reaction score
Its' only a couple of days in, but the o-line has not impressed at all.

We can buy all the little toys we want, but in means little to nothing without a line.
I'm trusting (blindly) this will be better this year

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Its' only a couple of days in, but the o-line has not impressed at all.

The defense is always ahead of the offense at this time of camp. Once the pads come on and the guys have a few days under their belts you will see the difference. Not saying our o line is great by any means, but this is expected at this point in the camp, especially with the guards out.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm assuming practice is over since now all I'm seeing are Garrett PC tweets.

Just an FYI, I won't be able to post any tweets from tonight's practice. Got stuff to do. So hopefully someone else will pick up the slack.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
How is it even possible that they havent called Richard Seymour?

Ratliff is always hurt. Crawford is probably out for the season. Brent "retired." Lissemore, Bass, and Hayden have never proven anything. Without making a move, we are talking about having Hatcher as our only reliable DT, and he's on the wrong side of 30.

Here we go again. 1st day of training camp and the organization is signaling they won't make preparations for Plan B, C or D. Way to start our team behind the 8-ball.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Here we go again. 1st day of training camp and the organization is signaling they won't make preparations for Plan B, C or D. Way to start our team behind the 8-ball.

I agree it is hard to understand this type of mentality, or rather not even coming close to realizing how out of touch the GM has become over the recent years. The entire organization seemed in over it's head when Jerry bought the Team, Jimmy Johnson was the life preserver. As we sank further and further into mediocrity the Joneses ignored and refused to swim.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I don't like the sound of Spencer's bruised knee either. I hope that isn't something he is nursing all year while we pay him 10 mil.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

It's a smart move. The players hear this and it will give them extra incentive to do all they can do to make sure they are the replacement. If at the end of camp and the coaches don't feel someone has stepped up, then they will be able to mine someone from the final cut list of other teams or possibly make a trade.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
It's a smart move. The players hear this and it will give them extra incentive to do all they can do to make sure they are the replacement. If at the end of camp and the coaches don't feel someone has stepped up, then they will be able to mine someone from the final cut list of other teams or possibly make a trade.

They'll need all the reps as well since they have been working in the system since OTAs. If the staff decides they need better talent they can shop later.

coult44

Reaction score
Agreed. Judging by the reports, it sounds like the oline is really bad right now.

C'mon. According to everyone from here to VR, we drafted a starting center and the rest of the guys on the roster would be a ton better with a year under their belts..That was all we needed to do remember.:)

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Chicken littles everywhere.

The team started a week early.

Start fretting in about 3 weeks.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Not many positive things coming out of training camp so far.

Well I've heard Hatcher's name alot, and I figure we will hear it alot this season being a contract year for him. I'm looking for a career year from Hatch.

Also the Williams as #3 is interesting, has he already surpassed Harris. I do want to hear more about the safeties, but we don't hear much about them or the secondary for that matter other than when they get beat (like it is in telecasts, but still).