Twitter: Tweets from Training Camp Practice #3 Thread - 07/22/13

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
calvinwatkinsLavasier tuinei is running sprints and getting ready to take the conditioning test.

I wonder if this player is any kin to one of my ole time favorites Mark Tuinei?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I posted this on the practice #2 thread, but in case it slipped through...

The (non) story of Romo's weight:

• played last year at 230
  • weighed 236 2-3 weeks ago (which is what is being reported as current)
  • went to So Cal mountains for intensive training for 7-10 days before camp started
  • now weighs 227-230 and is moving very well.

So that's that

ringmaster

Reaction score
I don't get these fans, one minute they are screaming for the team to get younger, then the next they are getting mad because the team is not signing ageing vets who prety much only have name recognition. When the team signs these aging vets they scream "we need to let the younger guys plays and give them a chance" Such bi-polar fans, they just want to cry about something. This is truly damned if you do damned if you don't type situation.

As far as what the team is doing, I like it. They are giving the guys on the roster a chance to show up. If they don't show up, they will wait till final cuts and see what other teams have cut, they might find that solid vet who was cut in favor of a younger player, or that younger player who was good but just not quite good enough to make it on a deep roster. Kind of like how we got Lauren Robinson two years ago.

The same thing applied to Tony, and Miles too when it comes to giving guys already on the roster a chance and look how that turned out for both players. Good post.

coult44

Reaction score
Hahaha, I was waiting for someone to say that. Admittedly, I was notorious for this throughout my time playing ball... Hopefully these bumps are being overstated...

They said the same thing for the past 4 years......That rule must apply for Cowboys during the regular season as well....Perhaps they were just saving their energy for the playoffs???

starfrombirth

Reaction score
They said the same thing for the past 4 years......That rule must apply for Cowboys during the regular season as well....Perhaps they were just saving their energy for the playoffs???

I didn't say I approve of it, just that it happens.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
We shall see. But given our track record ... I'm not encouraged. I must have missed that new personnel guy we hired.