FEATURED Twitter: Kellen Moore will call plays per McCarthy

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a little surprised by this. From his PC it sounded like he wanted to maintain the same approach he had in GB.
It surprises me too, but if Moore is as sharp as they say, he'll figure it out. He at least has the benefit of what I believe is probably a sharper offensive mind than Garrett's to work with and support him.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
He can implement anything he wants
Teaching the whole team new terminology is not as easy as a guy who’s been around many years learning a new terminology
Plays and approaches change weekly and he can add all he wants

Im sure youre right, first reaction to reading it was this seems like this is Moore's show on O...at the very least it appears Moore has made an impression on McCarthy...hopefully thats what it is...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
exactly what im saying , terminology is not the same as the old plays and schemes..

MM will go through every play and convert it to what he wants and use KM newer approach to some formations and motions and blend them and they will have plan terminology is keeping the base parts of the plays with the same name when they are calling into the huddle but doesnt mean they are the exact same plays..

this will be MM WCO blended with KM ideas....

The NFL only has so many plays that were invented over 100yrs and they are used by every team but its the formations, motions, small nuianses and when they are used against certain defenses..

thats what MM can teach KM, how to create a better GP starting with the scripted plays against tendencys of the upcoming opponents and organizing the chart for that week..

im not worried , others will make a big deal over this..i am betting he has a short leash as well before MM takes that from him, no way hes letting KM fail to a point if makes MM himself fail..

Hot damn......we have a winner .....1000%

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok im a little annoyed we are not changing the Plays, 90% of Kellen's Offense is Garretts... we need Mike and Kellen to get in the bunker come up with WCO/Kellen plays name them what ever you want but make it a hybrid and then let Kellen call the plays that way both know concepts and how its run, this way if mike sees something and he's got more experience he can over rule Kellen and say in this Down and Distance i think this will work best.

Im stoked about Al Harris being brought in, he was a great Press corner before they were envoge , and I hope they Keep Neon Leon
I don't think it said they weren't changing plays, or that Moore would dictate the scheme or would solely be responsible for the playbook, just that Moore would be calling plays.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hot damn......we have a winner .....1000%
yup well said. Make no mistake..this was the plan all along. MM spent hours watching KELLEN MOORE and the cowboys before he interviewed. HE HAS A VISION AND JERRY BOUGHT INTO IT. One thing, JERRY does listen..so far, so good. Lets see how long that holds lol.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it said they weren't changing plays, or that Moore would dictate the scheme or would solely be responsible for the playbook, just that Moore would be calling plays.

Exactly.

It's not like Moore's offense totally sucked.

Not talking Mike Shula's offense here.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I think this is good news. No learning curve for the offense trying to learn new terminology and familiarity between Dak and Moore. McCarthy will obviously have input on play selection and he will obviously install his passing schemes. This is best case scenario. The offense was bad but needed tweaked. And we have to get more efficient in the red zone.

reddyuta

Reaction score
red zone is not all Moores fault,they just suck at executing there and they have debilitating penalties too.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Ok im a little annoyed we are not changing the Plays, 90% of Kellen's Offense is Garretts... we need Mike and Kellen to get in the bunker come up with WCO/Kellen plays name them what ever you want but make it a hybrid and then let Kellen call the plays that way both know concepts and how its run, this way if mike sees something and he's got more experience he can over rule Kellen and say in this Down and Distance i think this will work best.

Im stoked about Al Harris being brought in, he was a great Press corner before they were envoge , and I hope they Keep Neon Leon
I have not read they are not changing plays,they are just keeping the terminology the same

Rayman70

Reaction score
red zone is not all Moores fault,they just suck at executing there and they have debilitating penalties too.
JG was interfering in key moments. NOW..we will see a real HC and his hc in training do great things.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
It surprises me too, but if Moore is as sharp as they say, he'll figure it out. He at least has the benefit of what I believe is probably a sharper offensive mind than Garrett's to work with and support him.

Bingo!