FEATURED Twitter: Kellen Moore will call plays per McCarthy

Rayman70

Reaction score
dallas_cowboys-909.jpg

Do you see the problem folks?
too many chiefs, not enough Indians. ^^^that's^^^^ the issue in black and white.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about the whole MM will learn our terminology...what about things he plans on implementing? Surely he sees things we can improve/things we can use to our advantage that werent being done previously... I wont overreact, but that all seems a lil strange or not exactly what I had pictured with MM.

What just happened to get all these quotes at once from MM? Where did this come from, beside the obvious tweets?

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
You guys crack me up. Did he say “ I’m turning the entire offense over to KM and I won’t have any say during offseason, preseason, or regular season. Not before , during or after any game will I have any input”?

Of course he will work closely with Moore. And the big difference will hopefully be when things aren’t working well, he’ll help make the needed adjustments instead of clapping and staying with the “process “

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I want MM..not the same thing...HOWVEVER, OUR OFFENSE did put up gawdy numbers. The real issue was coaching and D.
They put up gawdy numbers on bums. I think we truly need to differentiate that because to win a SB that I'm sure we all want you can't just be beating up on bums and not even as close against contenders. Two games against good teams where they really did any scoring that wasn't in junk time.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about the whole MM will learn our terminology...what about things he plans on implementing? Surely he sees things we can improve/things we can use to our advantage that werent being done previously... I wont overreact, but that all seems a lil strange or not exactly what I had pictured with MM.
he's adapting to the players we have on offense...more I think about it, I'm warming up to it. CLARENCE HILL just said he was told we are switching to the WEST COAST OFFENSE...but the terminology will stay the same. That will help Dak out immensely.

conner01

Reaction score
He can implement anything he wants
Teaching the whole team new terminology is not as easy as a guy who’s been around many years learning a new terminology
Plays and approaches change weekly and he can add all he wants

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
AFTER further reading..Clarence Hill just stated MM said we ARE moving to the WEST COAST OFFENSE...HIS SYSTEM..but keeping the same terminology in place. THAT is smart..helps Dak and quickens the learning curve.

It really is! If that's the case, that is absolutely BRILLIANT by McCarthy. He's teaching Moore the WCO in a way that makes sense to Moore and Dak. I really like McCarthy so far. Easing our team into his system, and Moore gets to learn a proper system as opposed to the rubbish that he "learned" under Garrett.

blueblood70

Reaction score
MM can teach him faster than teaching the players how he wants to approach the game, how and why to script different plays to start a game and how to adjust based on how teams approached those plays
exactly what im saying , terminology is not the same as the old plays and schemes..

MM will go through every play and convert it to what he wants and use KM newer approach to some formations and motions and blend them and they will have plan terminology is keeping the base parts of the plays with the same name when they are calling into the huddle but doesnt mean they are the exact same plays..

this will be MM WCO blended with KM ideas....

The NFL only has so many plays that were invented over 100yrs and they are used by every team but its the formations, motions, small nuianses and when they are used against certain defenses..

thats what MM can teach KM, how to create a better GP starting with the scripted plays against tendencys of the upcoming opponents and organizing the chart for that week..

im not worried , others will make a big deal over this..i am betting he has a short leash as well before MM takes that from him, no way hes letting KM fail to a point if makes MM himself fail..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You guys crack me up. Did he say “ I’m turning the entire offense over to KM and I won’t have any say during offseason, preseason, or regular season. Not before , during or after any game will I have any input”?

Of course he will work closely with Moore. And the big difference will hopefully be when things aren’t working well, he’ll help make the needed adjustments instead of clapping and staying with the “process “

Of course he will work closely with Moore. And the big difference will hopefully be when things aren’t working well, he’ll help make the needed adjustments instead of clapping and staying with the “process

Exactly.......

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm thinking change from 4-3 to 3-4 from time to time .......hybrid. But 4-3 will be the base.........
yup, me too. We will be mixing things up on D. SOMETHING GRANNY MARINELLI AND RICHARD REFUSED TO DO..they had zero flexibility. It was there way or no way.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No issue with this. McCarthy will be on the headsets and actively involved in the game planning and I’m sure the play calling. Even if Moore calls the plays, all calls will go through McCarthy.
its how they do it in KC with Reid and Eric Biennemy..

conner01

Reaction score
THAT part does confuse me. I expect it will be a hybrid...and with Tomsula and Nolan coaching that defense, it will be a breath of fresh air..a new energy.
Nolan has ran a hybrid before
Even his 3/4 is not exactly like say a parcells type 3/4

Rayman70

Reaction score
It really is! If that's the case, that is absolutely BRILLIANT by McCarthy. He's teaching Moore the WCO in a way that makes sense to Moore and Dak. I really like McCarthy so far. Easing our team into his system, and Moore gets to learn a proper system as opposed to the rubbish that he "learned" under Garrett.
I THINK IT WILL PAY OFF SOON. Because of how he is going about this offense install.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All that means is that Kellen will call plays from a predetermined plan, and that he will work with him in communicating what he wants to see during different parts of the games.
McCarthy may tell Moore he wants to be "more aggressive", or that he wants to "eat the clock" or that he wants to wear down the defense.
Moore would then call plays that would coincide with each situation and try to give him the desired effect.
Pretty standard.

Yep.