Twitter: Rappaport - Jerry to take players temperature on coach

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I bet the players love Garrett
I want my players to respect their coach and even be a bit scared of him
No one is scared of Garrett but I’m betting they like him
The team dynamic seemed to change after the Vikings game. For the first time I can remember, there was a publicly known rift between the locker room and coaching staff.

JayFord

Reaction score
Watch the video people

He is not talking about asking the players about Garrett. He is asking the players on what coach/direction he should go to for the next coach.

Its stupid either way but Garrett is gone

it really is.....i couldnt imagine managing a plumbing company and asking what kind of manager my employees want and ill see if i can accommodate them

you plumb poop for who i hire or find another job

Eddie

Reaction score
This is a culture of losing. This is why we haven't done squat in 24 years.

JayFord

Reaction score
That's a sad truth to this debacle. A playoff berth today will be a long term disaster. The Cowboys are a mediocre team within a mediocre division and the divisional foes will get better.
I almost threw up

cern

Reaction score
sounds like a pathetic idea to me. will he be asking if they approve of garrett. or some other coach currently on the staff. or what kind of new head coach they'd prefer. will he be putting words in their mouths which I suspect would be very easy to do. will this be done before or after garrett is shown the door? the gm stupidity just never seems to end.

817Gill

Reaction score
Guys the reporter literally said “Wants to ask the players about what went wrong.”

Why would you not want to get all the info about what issues JG had from the ppl he actually coached?

If you think JJ is gonna have a current player pick the next coach you are hilarious

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Players will never bad mouth him! Jerry is an idiot

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My feeling is Jerry should be taking the NEW HC's temperature on the players.

I'm sure he will depending on who he hires. That's how the process works. You interview guys....then the coach tells the owner or GM whatever they want to hear and tell them how he can take his underachieving bunch and make them winners. No coach is going to go in there and rag on the players without even coaching them lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We all want to blame Dak or Garrett or whoever but the guy is the reason this team is where it has been the past 20 years
Its easier to blame the guys who weren't even here 12 years ago. Easier to blame Gailey, Switzer, Parcells, Garrett, Campo and Wade than it is Jerry. I guess its how Jerry constantly makes billions off fans.......delusional.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Guys the reporter literally said “Wants to ask the players about what went wrong.”

Why would you not want to get all the info about what issues JG had from the ppl he actually coached?

If you think JJ is gonna have a current player pick the next coach you are hilarious
If Jethro as the "GM" doesn't know what went wrong...then dayum.....

This is why Jones will never ever be considered a real "football guy".

scottsp

Reaction score
Leave Jerry alone! He isn't about to let some interloper stroll through and disturb membership. You people have no idea what it takes to run a country club.