Twitter War: Parsons vs Acho

khiladi

Reaction score
Ok, here is the truth. You won't like it, but Acho saw who was to blame but decided not to call out who was responsible for both plays screwups. It was Micah. Period.

Acho knows this because he played LB and understands the role and assignments of a LB, both inside and outside types. The same goes for me at a lower level. Anyone who played LB and played it well should easily be able to tell who was responsible for both plays screwups. Two more reasons why Micah should not be playing stack LB back in coverage.

Here, watch it again a few times.

What gets me is how Micah refused to take responsibility when clearly it was on him both times.

I went back and watched the first play a couple times and it looks to me like Micah clearly messed up. In reality Jaylon had nothing to do with it with Micah’s mistake.

This was play-action, the TE is who Micah follows

Micah knew it was play-action, instead of taking the RB coming out for the pass up the middle, he follows the TE that pulled from the right side of the RT.

Your take seems right. Micah should have followed the RB.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I went back and watched the first play a couple times and it looks to me like Micah clearly messed up. In reality Jaylon had nothing to do with it with Micah’s mistake.

This was play-action, the WR on the offenses right coming across, that’s who Micah follows

Micah knew it was play-action, instead of taking the RB coming out for the pass up the middle, he follows the TE that pulled from the right side of the RT.
Correct.

Same thing on the 2nd play. Both times Micah followed the wrong player instead of the player to his side. Micah was clearly at fault for both plays, but ooooh, we can't say that or bring it up because one is not a good fan for questioning the obvious!
:mad::mad::mad:

khiladi

Reaction score
Correct.

Same thing on the 2nd play. Both times Micah followed the wrong player instead of the player to his side. Micah was clearly at fault for both plays, but ooooh, we can't say that or bring it up because one is not a good fan for questioning the obvious!
:mad::mad::mad:

I actually like these types of posts, because they discuss actually football. Your opinion here as a former LB is appreciated. Don’t get the hate on these type of posts. Kudos to your analysis.

Micah has some questions in coverage, per the profiles I’ve read of him.

Just from the anecdotal, it seems like this area is being open up to potential big plays, the last two weeks. I remember a play where Hurts basically just overthrew his TE on a second down on a cross route over the middle, which could have netted like a fifty yard TD. The next play Hurts threw the INT to Digg. Diggs was playing aggressive man that time. Quinn has his guys playing really close to the line these last couple of weeks.

I think right now we are getting saved by the pressure we are generating up front, while playing inexperienced QBs. This didn’t happen with Brady or Herbert, the latter though inexperience plays like an elite veteran. SD didn’t punt once.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
i have nothing personal against Mr Acho

but hes one of the worst media personalities out there

i'd listen to Stephen A debate Shannon Sharpe about the Cowboys before i'd tune into Acho

Same here, even if his alma mater is UT as well. I feel he has gone to the SAS school of broadcasting and found that he needs to develop a base of people who support him and also who hate his guts. What better way than to be a tool like SAS. There is no such thing as bad publicity. I don't watch any of those kind of shows. And i agree, Parsons needs to stay away as well.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I actually like these types of posts, because they discuss actually football. Your opinion here as a former LB is appreciated. Don’t get the hate on these type of posts. Kudos to your analysis.

Just from the anecdotal, it seems like this area is being open up to potential big plays, the last two weeks. I remember a play where Hurts basically just overthrew his TE on a second down on a cross route over the middle, which could have netted like a fifty yard TD. The next play Hurts threw the INT to Digg. Diggs was playing aggressive man that time. Quinn has his guys playing really close to the line these last couple of weeks.

I think right now we are getting saved by the pressure we are generating up front, while playing inexperienced QBs. This didn’t happen with Brady or Herbert, the latter though inexperience plays like an elite veteran. SD didn’t punt once.
BOOM! You nailed it.

:hammer:

This is exactly what I have noticed as well, hence why I have been clamoring for Jabril Cox to be played in coverage, instead of Micah or Jaylon (who is now gone). I've been vehemently asking what Dan Quinn is seeing or not seeing the past few weeks, because as you accurately stated, the middle is wide open during pass plays. Our LBs are not covering well. We have lucked out with overthrows by opposing QBs so far. That won't last as the season goes along. I hope Jabril Cox gets some coverage opportunities, and I hope he's smart enough to do better than what we have seen lately. Micah needs to stay close to the line of scrimmage until he improves on his mental aspect of covering pass plays as a stacked LB.

Reaction score
Micah Parsons needs to get off twitter and stop getting into a back and forth with others on Twitter with their take...Focus on your game and leave the chatter to others...
I agree with you, but these are the times we live in. For these young guys, social media dominate their time off the field. When they aren't tackling guys or in meeting rooms, they are building their social media cred.

I'm not a fan of it, but that is life today

khiladi

Reaction score
I agree with you, but these are the times we live in. For these young guys, social media dominate their time off the field. When they aren't tackling guys or in meeting rooms, they are building their social media cred.

I'm not a fan of it, but that is life today

Anthony Davis signed with Klutch, represented by Rich Paul, but in actuality it is Lebron’s sports firm, because of the “brand image” angle per his own words from an article I remember reading. That’s actually their competitive advantage in this era. Social media in particular, for example, nets these guys lots of money passive income.

Qcard

Reaction score

Ok, Just the leave the the QB talk and overall team vision to guys like us who played skilled positions..:laugh:

glimmerman

Reaction score
If whom ever takes over for Jaylon knows his responsibilities and coverages then we will be better off. They will be faster to get there. Jaylon wasn’t as fast as he was in 2019.

Reaction score
And this is yet another reason I hate social media and am glad I didn't go down the rabbit hole.
I followed some people on Twitter a while ago for about 6 months. After realizing what a poop hole it really is, I shut it down for good.

While communication in general is a good thing, I think things like Twitter does more social harm than good in so many ways.

Reaction score
Im not disrespecting you but you acting like you know what their assignment was when Parsons is saying otherwise. You are only looking at the RB and QB and saying that's Parsons/Jaylon assignment but forgetting what's going on in the flat with receivers cutting back in and TE coming across.

Both plays went to the right side of the offense, Jaylon and Parsons both reacted to the left side of the offense. It's very clear they had a different assignment than RB.
If Micah and Jaylon both played their responsibilities correctly, then there is something wrong with the scheme.

When you see a LB (or any player) abandon a huge chunk of field the way Micah did on that play, something is wrong. We don't know if it's a player error or scheme error, but it's one or the other. A QB should never be running free for 20 yards in the red zone. Ever.

Of course, I'm referring to the second play

Jipper

Reaction score
I followed some people on Twitter a while ago for about 6 months. After realizing what a poop hole it really is, I shut it down for good.

While communication in general is a good thing, I think things like Twitter does more social harm than good in so many ways.

Yeah...I was in college in the early 2000s at John's Hopkins when Facebook was just starting and we were in the early group which was limited just to a few colleges....once it got expanded to all colleges and then eventually everyone I was done...

Never wanted my life public and anyone I want to connect with I have ways to....

Now all I do is this forum and linkedin

Reaction score
Yeah...I was in college in the early 2000s at John's Hopkins when Facebook was just starting and we were in the early group which was limited just to a few colleges....once it got expanded to all colleges and then eventually everyone I was done...

Never wanted my life public and anyone I want to connect with I have ways to....

Now all I do is this forum and linkedin
I have this discussion with my boys often.

I value my right to privacy and strongly guard it. These younger generations throw anything and everything on social media. Who cares about privacy?

I just shake my head. And they laugh at me. Such is life

Dre11

Reaction score
I'll ask you the same thing since you claim to be a coach...

So both Jaylon and Micah were responsible for the same player...the RB? Makes no sense. One of them messed up, and the RB was to Jaylon's side while the QB was right towards Micah.

So who was responsible for the QB who did a QB keep and ran up the middle for 20+ yards into the endzone for a TD?

Not knowing their scheme or nuances how would I be able to tell you, what I think people ignore is the offense makes plays too, they have players as well, they exploit things too. Sometimes you just get beat or have the wrong call. I do know this I trust Parson challenging Acho on the white board to prove him wrong about Jaylon and him being right. Neither may not have been responsible as they may not have expected him to run.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
i have nothing personal against Mr Acho

but hes one of the worst media personalities out there

i'd listen to Stephen A debate Shannon Sharpe about the Cowboys before i'd tune into Acho

I honestly thought he was his brother. I've been thinking forever, "oh, that's Sam Acho. That's cool he's on TV now".