Twitter: Who had the better start to their career?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You never answered my question/ thought.
I don’t think you saw Emmit play. Zeke is a very good player no doubt, his measurable are better but he is not the better player on the field and Emmits yards and TD’s were the reason we won. He was the heart and soul of the 90’s Cowboys.

Yep...…...kid is probably 16 years old.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sorry but wasn't Zeke's response pretty humble? Not humble would be, "I know!" or "Glad he sees that." Some pretty slanted opinions in here based on if they like Zeke or not. The numbers up for comparison are "First 4 years" and people somehow feel the need to call in Emmitt's whole career to measure the 2. That's pretty interesting to me.

Another young poster that didn't watch the 90's Cowboys?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You never answered my question/ thought.
I don’t think you saw Emmit play. Zeke is a very good player no doubt, his measurable are better but he is not the better player on the field and Emmits yards and TD’s were the reason we won. He was the heart and soul of the 90’s Cowboys.
And who is the heart and soul of the Cowboys now?

Its definitely not the QB

And yes Ive seen Emmitt play. I even stated this about Emmitt in 2016
The kid is heading in to his 9th game as a pro for crying out loud.

Emmitt is a legend and top 5 all time at his position. No way is Zeke better.

khiladi

Reaction score
How could Zeke have no heart if he’s pretty much led the league in carries in four years. Derrick Henry has never started a full season and isn’t even close to the amount of carries as Zeke and Zeke was just as effective as Henry in the red zone this year.

The difference is Tannehil was better than Dak. Henry didn’t do anything much the first six games with Mariotta as QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
How could Elliott have no heart when guys if the caliber of Malcolm Jenkins declare him the best contact RB and the guy looking to punish defenders? How is he soft?

I mean on what planet are people making these assessments? Because he took himself out one play? Do people even watch football across the league? Did anybody see how many times Bosa pulled himself out of plays in the playoffs?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...wboys-ezekiel-elliott-is-nfls-best-contact-rb

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How could Zeke have no heart if he’s pretty much led the league in carries in four years. Derrick Henry has never started a full season and isn’t even close to the amount of carries as Zeke and Zeke was just as effective as Henry in the red zone this year.

The difference is Tannehil was better than Dak. Henry didn’t do anything much the first six games with Mariotta as QB.

You obviously don't know what heart is.

Simple answer. When the going gets tough, where is Zeke? In big games, in 4th quarters of big games where is Zeke? Henry ran the hell all over the Pats and the Ravens. He was the guy they leaned on in the biggest games.

Most times we leaned on Zeke last year early, we lost.

khiladi

Reaction score
Simple answer. When the going gets tough, where is Zeke? In big games, in 4th quarters of big games where is Zeke? Henry ran the hell all over the Pats and the Ravens. He was the guy they leaned on in the biggest games.

Most times we leaned on Zeke last year early, we lost.

Why do you think Dak had the most fourth quarter ‘comebacks’ in 2016? Who do you think was wearing out the defensive fronts for Checkdown Dak to simply not turn the ball over. In our Seattle play-off win, Dak was 0-4 throwing the ball and got bailed out by a weak PI call on the last drive. Zeke touched the ball six times and completely wore out the Seattle front so Dak could have a three foot hole to run through on a QB draw after he chucked an INT on the drive before.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

So why didn't Tannehil get the Dolphins to the SB...………………...errr playoffs. DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:muttley:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
How could Elliott have no heart when guys if the caliber of Malcolm Jenkins declare him the best contact RB and the guy looking to punish defenders? How is he soft?

I mean on what planet are people making these assessments? Because he took himself out one play? Do people even watch football across the league? Did anybody see how many times Bosa pulled himself out of plays in the playoffs?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...wboys-ezekiel-elliott-is-nfls-best-contact-rb
He would be unstoppable if he had a work ethic instead of rolling into meetings and practice like he just left the club.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why do you think Dak had the most fourth quarter ‘comebacks’? In our Seattle play-off win, Dak was 0-4 throwing the ball and got bailed out by a weak PI call. Zeke touched the ball six times and completely wore out the Seattle front so Dak could have a three foot hole to run through on a QB draw after he chucked an INT on the drive before.

Why do I think Dak had the most 4th quarter comebacks? :muttley:!

So we won the New Orleans playoff game because Dak scored on a QB draw?

You need to rethink your argument strategies. You suck at this.

khiladi

Reaction score
Why do I think Dak had the most 4th quarter comebacks? :muttley:!

So we won the New Orleans playoff game because Dak scored on a QB draw?

You need to rethink your argument strategies. You suck at this.

How come Dak couldn’t bring his team back when losing at half-time this year when the offense was “his”?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry but wasn't Zeke's response pretty humble? Not humble would be, "I know!" or "Glad he sees that." Some pretty slanted opinions in here based on if they like Zeke or not. The numbers up for comparison are "First 4 years" and people somehow feel the need to call in Emmitt's whole career to measure the 2. That's pretty interesting to me.
Humble would be, "He's just saying that!", which I'm sure Emmitt was. Mind you, I think Zeke is an exceptional RB, and while I think he needs to grow up, I don't dislike him. I don't particularly like him either. I'm waiting to see whether I like him or not.

Also, I'm not one of those who brought up his whole career. The one thing I mentioned was Emmitt's separated shoulder game in comparison to Zeke's lack of stamina.

Other than that, I cited that fact that Emmitt didn't enter the league running behind the best OL in the league.

I think it's probably true that teams were built to stop the run in Emmitt's day, more than they are now.

All in all, trying to compare the two isn't going to work.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How come Dak couldn’t bring his team back when losing at half-time this year when the offense was “his”?

Why couldn't the great Zeke?

In games where we gave the ball to Zeke 8 times or more in the first quarter we fell behind.