Twitter: Zeke YPG Per Season

Nav22

Reaction score
Zeke is still a good RB albeit not elite anymore.

If you know football, Zeke’s high IQ is clear as day. Pair that with extremely durable, great pass blocker, able to gain those dirty in between tackle yards, able to run routes, he’s a good RB.
Run routes? He has good hands but he’s not any kind of threat as a route runner.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
so Moore is pass-happy, and we can't figure out why Zeke's rushing numbers have decreased. :facepalm:

Reactions: BAT

Creeper

Reaction score
And still the most productive and effective RB on the team.

What the heck is expected vs actual yards per carry? It is this kind of statistical hogwash that gives analytics a bad name. This has to be one of the most meaning less stats in football.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
There was a play to the outside during the Cincinnati game where in his youth, he would have had the speed to turn the corner. He isn’t even close to getting there anymore. Remember hurdling players?
We need more youth at RB.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Zeke is completely done. He can still proved value for the team. Just not as the centerpiece of the running game and at the salary that role commands.

I don't begrudge him for getting his money, he'd of been a fool not to go for it when he did. I wouldn't of drafted him so high and wouldn't have paid him like Jerry did but that's on Jerry, not Zeke.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no opinion. Debate. I know people will either say he doesn’t get touches or other end lost a step. Just interesting …

RBs tend to get less touches if they're not performing like they did when they were getting more touches.

I'm just happy that they're not forcing the issue and giving him 95% of the carries.

Zeke has value to the team.
- If his salary was 3M then nobody would hyper critical of him.
- However, his average is 15M, 2nd highest paid RB in the NFL.

When people complain about Tony Pollard's blocking, they should keep in mind that if the 2016 version of Zeke were on the roster, Pollard would never see the field.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I have no opinion. Debate. I know people will either say he doesn’t get touches or other end lost a step. Just interesting …

yards per carry is an important metric.
That will give a better prespective

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Context helps. You can't write articles calling for Tony pollard o tget more carries and run then try to pin Zeke as falling off when he loses those carries.

There is zero reason Zeke didn't get more carries week 1 other than we had far too many scripted/gadget plays and a pre-determined touch count for Tony Pollard.

Its pretty clear Zeke will face the Amari Cooper axe next year and we can have even more fun threads when he is getting 100 yards rushing for the Chiefs or someone.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
For sure ypc shows a more focused fact on how he is running, St
The numbers don’t lie, nor does the eye test. Some just don’t wanna see it, probably because they don’t want to.

It would be foolish to argue he looks the same, and the contract is not good because of the posiition not the player...saying that Zeke is still very useful as an RB, thats the only thing I dont get..why does it have to be extremes, no he is not 2016 Zeke..no he is not a bottom of the league back either.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For sure ypc shows a more focused fact on how he is running, St

It would be foolish to argue he looks the same, and the contract is not good because of the posiition not the player...saying that Zeke is still very useful as an RB, thats the only thing I dont get..why does it have to be extremes, no he is not 2016 Zeke..no he is not a bottom of the league back either.

I’d say he is middle of the road. I can think of at least 12 RB’s that are better than him: McCaffaree, Taylor, Ekelar, Cook, Henry, N Harris, Swift, Mixon, Kamara, Saquon, Aaron J., Chubb and that’s off the top of my head. Zeke is for sure two things: a mid pack RB, and extremely overpaid.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke is still a good RB albeit not elite anymore.

If you know football, Zeke’s high IQ is clear as day. Pair that with extremely durable, great pass blocker, able to gain those dirty in between tackle yards, able to run routes, he’s a good RB.

Shell of himself. As a runner he is a jag or worse, for his salary he terrible. .

conner01

Reaction score
He’s an aging running back who was ridden hard in his youth. He’s done.
I don’t know if he’s done but YPC is more important than YPG
He can’t control how many Touches he gets
His yards per carry are down just like the majority of RB pushing 30

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well. Done is kind of subjective. I think he still has uses. He just isn’t the player he once was, physically. That’s what I mean by done.
he eats a few more biscuits and he can be an effective FB...specially given his blocking ability

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There was a play to the outside during the Cincinnati game where in his youth, he would have had the speed to turn the corner. He isn’t even close to getting there anymore. Remember hurdling players?
We need more youth at RB.
RBs should never see a second contract unless its minimal. you draft a RB every 4 years...and they integrate and play and produce quickly. many teams have RB by committee and they are successful