Twitter: Two Jets players fined for illegal hits to Dak, neither was flagged

mahoneybill

Reaction score

Thanks for showing that video clip. Live it showed him grabbing his head and the guy landing on him. The video shows it was a followup move that should have been called.

Instead we get the DB running into the WR and forcing him into the other DB negating the Witten TD......

kskboys

Reaction score
Basically, this has been going on for a long time. I'm sure it started back before DVR and such, before someone could watch and rewatch a play as many times as they desired, and the only highlights were on the sportscast. The NFL has been caught w/ their pants down, and this is bad. This crapp will spell their demise as such a huge money cow if they don't put stop to it soon. I've now had 5 or 6 of my sports buds admit to me that I was right, after previously giving me crapp about how the refs make calls to keep games close and such.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What’s the problem with that second hit?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love how the NFL gives you example after example practically every game :laugh:. Another example from the Falcons/Rams game:

6piBnUR.jpg

jfSDJkp.jpg

The hand is all into Ryan's helmet. Ryan ended up on the ground also due to the shot to the helmet. No call.

You cannot make this stuff up. This would have been a quick flag for some quarterbacks. Why?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
What’s the problem with that second hit?

What was the problem with either? In the first hit did they fine the 2nd defender for falling on Dak? He had no control over where the first guy spun Dak down.

People will cry about the "wussification of the game" when we get flagged for a hit but then whine that Dak was roughed? Wanting it both ways. Neither of these would have been fouls in "the good old days" like people moan for. Principles that wave in the wind depending on whether you benefit. Same the nation over.

Redline360

Reaction score
That first hit was perfectly fine imo. He got spun down at the end of his throw.

The second one was pretty bad though

speedkilz88

Reaction score
That first hit was perfectly fine imo. He got spun down at the end of his throw.

The second one was pretty bad though
I think they got the second guy (on the first hit) for jumping on him while on the ground and hitting his head.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I saw a defensive player sneeze on Brady during a TV time out and he was flagged for Unnecessary Roughness, expelled from the game and fined $53,926 dollars.

They also made him change the number on his jersey and during the halftime he had to wear a cheerleader outfit on the field.

kskboys

Reaction score
What was the problem with either? In the first hit did they fine the 2nd defender for falling on Dak? He had no control over where the first guy spun Dak down.

People will cry about the "wussification of the game" when we get flagged for a hit but then whine that Dak was roughed? Wanting it both ways. Neither of these would have been fouls in "the good old days" like people moan for. Principles that wave in the wind depending on whether you benefit. Same the nation over.
It's the comparison, Marcus. They are calling stuff for Aaron Rodgers that is not being called for Dak. DET beat GB, and the refs handed it right back.

kskboys

Reaction score
I saw a defensive player sneeze on Brady during a TV time out and he was flagged for Unnecessary Roughness, expelled from the game and fined $53,926 dollars.

They also made him change the number on his jersey and during the halftime he had to wear a cheerleader outfit on the field.
Did he look kinda hot in it?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I didn’t just say it, the announcers also said it. Romo’s situation and Dak’s are nothing alike period. Romo used to get battered on a weekly. Dak’s been dredging behind a clean pocket his whole career, while he moves himself into pressure the majority of time.
No argument on Romo’s punishment.

Are you saying the announcers said “he didn’t hit his head”?

At some point it may be time let go of the Romo love. A little. I loved him too. He’s the most underrated QB all time imo. He’s also retired.

Some posters Romo love has clouded their judgement.

Dak was clearly hit on the head. Was it hard? No. Was it a hit? Yes. Would they have called it for the b**** Erin. Yes and would’ve made our guy say sorry.

The game was also seemingly out of reach. So an easy call that made the calls of the game seem more balanced than they were.

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It's the comparison, Marcus. They are calling stuff for Aaron Rodgers that is not being called for Dak. DET beat GB, and the refs handed it right back.

This is all urban legend fallacy brought up by fans who hate opposing team winners. Like NE never getting penalties called on them when I think they have more called on them than we do at this point. Was there a foul called when Barr from Minnesota injured Rodgers a few years back? That could have easily been called with an official glaring right at the interaction. Officials' calls are bad I agree but "my team gets the short end" is a universal whine across the league when teams lose. Nothing to see but fans upset at losing. None of these threads were present when we were 3-0. I was even calling for them at that time because I was bored at not having to pull video to disprove a whine, lol. But times, they are a changin' !

khiladi

Reaction score
No argument on Romo’s punishment.

Are you saying the announcers said “he didn’t hit his head”?

At some point it may be time let go of the Romo love. A little. I loved him too. He’s the most underrated QB all time imo. He’s also retired.

Some posters Romo love has clouded their judgement.

Dak was clearly hit on the head. Was it hard? No. Was it a hit? Yes. Would they have called it for the b**** Erin. Yes and would’ve made our guy say sorry.

The game was also seemingly out of reach. So an easy call that made the calls of the game seem more balanced than they were.

That was a BS call and yeah, the announcers questioned the call...

And Dak has had better blocking then pretty much every other QB in the league.

Dre11

Reaction score
lol, yeah, that's why,,,

He gets the same treatment as Cam. Only a fool would think otherwise. It's funny player like Brady and Rodgers het calls of you blow on them . Then having a ref telling a player to stay off Brady.

Reaction score
He gets the same treatment as Cam. Only a fool would think otherwise. It's funny player like Brady and Rodgers het calls of you blow on them . Then having a ref telling a player to stay off Brady.

So why did Romo take the beatings and late hits? It's not because the refs thought he was tough.