Two Key players vs Philly

RonWashington

Reaction score
I think going in the Eagles bracket # 88 Sunday afternoon . Always a defender within reach . It makes two players Gallup & Cooks a must in the passing game . No excuses couldn’t get open not targeted etc etc .

Gallup & Cooks have to show up in the stat sheet early & often . And of course Dak has to get the protection to deliver . Running will be tough sledding .

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think going in the Eagles bracket # 88 Sunday afternoon . Always a defender within reach . It makes two players Gallup & Cooks a must in the passing game . No excuses couldn’t get open not targeted etc etc .

Gallup & Cooks have to show up in the stat sheet early & often . And of course Dak has to get the protection to deliver . Running will be tough sledding .
Jalen Tolbert played more snaps than Gallup vs the Rams.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Yards on the ground might be tough to come by . If 77 is a no go putting 73 at LT a critical position for pass blocking would be my choice .

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I think Bland and Gilmore are two Cowboys that need to have really good days, slowing down AJ and Smith. I think the Cowboys will have to devote a lot of men in the box to slow Philly's running game, so Quinn has no choice but to leave the CBs on an island out there. AJ is much bigger than both of them, and Smith may be a tad faster than both of them, so they have their work cut out for them.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I think Bland and Gilmore are two Cowboys that need to have really good days, slowing down AJ and Smith. I think the Cowboys will have to devote a lot of men in the box to slow Philly's running game, so Quinn has no choice but to leave the CBs on an island out there. AJ is much bigger than both of them, and Smith may be a tad faster than both of them, so they have their work cut out for them.

Hooker needs to patrol center field steal a Hurts misfire .

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think this game is gonna be similar to last season’s 2nd game. High scoring and it will come down to who makes the plays at the end of the game.

quickccc

Reaction score

* Cooks has the sheer jets and afterburners to run by past DBs on a regular basis, ...and he's an underrated
route runner. Long reputed as one of the game's premiere speed WR, his full skill set simply has not been
exploited yet under this coaching staff.

* Gallup has separation issues as most of his catches are tightly contested - to make matters worse,
he has a tendency to run sloppy routes that causes several Dak INTs.
But we need his production and experience this season.

- Pollard is also one of more explosive players - but the coaching staff has failed us in that dept.
maybe the run game has its issues with the OL coach and the OL unit but there's no excuse
for not exploiting Pollard's speed in the pass game.
* No RB screens,.. quick swing flairs upfield, . no wheel routes ( ala ET Tienne vs Steelers) .. no isolation .. Zero !
Our Coaches simply dunno how to do so !!

* Turpin like Cooks, can really get upfield in such a eye blink, .. if he is untouched, not jammed, and gets a free release at the line. Ditto with his returns - untouched he can break it big for a TD.
But he has to be used in spots and certain occasions/specific package sets.
If we get him and Cooks on bunch formation and rub routes via go-fly and deep cross - secondary won't catch 'em.

ESisback

Reaction score

Plus the TE, Dowdle and Luepke inside, and Pollard outside the tackles. Tempo, motion, play action and roll outs.

plymkr

Reaction score
I would say there’s 4 players that need to bring their A game. Dak, Dak, Dak and Dak.
Dak- has to play a TO free game.
Dak- has to create plays with his legs cuz the Eagles defensive line will break through our offensive line
Dak- has to be decisive with the ball and get it out quick.
Dak- has to elevate the team around him. This is when big time QBs earn their money.

Some encouraging signs from last week. Dak used his legs. Dak remained poised after the offensive line was getting mauled the first series or two. Dak was getting sacked like every play at the beginning. He stayed poised and took it to them despite the early troubles.

I think the defense will get a TO or 2 because Hurts has been turning it over a lot. I don’t think the running game will help Dak. So Dak will have to set up the run but establishing the pass.

This is a lot on Dak but that’s why he’s paid. If he plays like he did Sunday we’ll win. Dak survived the early offensive line suckage and made plays. That was some mental strength right there. He’s going to have to do it again. I think he can. Not going to say he will. But Sunday was encouraging as far as lifting his teammates, being a playmaker, and showing mental fortitude. I’m not a huge Dak fan but I’m calling it like I see it. When he sucks I call it and when he delivers I call it. Also let’s not forget that Dak does play very well against nfc east. That’s also encouraging for this week.

Sydla

Reaction score
Philly does not have good cover LB's. TE's can gash them. Cut them loose!
Middle of the field play is a questin for them. Byard was an upgrade and I expect he'll play better now that he has a game under his belt for them but Blankenship got torched pretty bad by the Skins on Sunday. He had a late pick but that doesn't change the fact he struggled much of the day.

Washington WRs had a few drops too, meaning Howell could have dropped even more yardage on them. There's no excuse for the Cowboys to not be effective throwing the ball on Sunday.