Two proven free agents who could help fix the LBer issues

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He didn’t follow Quinn the last two seasons. I doubt he wants to be on the east coast. His big reason with LA and Seattle was to stay west coast with his wife and kids
It didn't seem like the Cowboys really pursued Wagner that heavily. Maybe Quinn gets more say and pushes for him. All just guesses, but we'll see.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I have to believe Wagner will def be on their radar but it takes two. Last year he only wanted to play in the West Coast area. Maybe that has changed ......
Also keep an eye on Josey Jewell

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/bobby-wagner-9857/ ...he sign for $5M last year with the Seahawks

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/josey-jewell-25207/market-value/

This is what I said also in another post. Just having actual linebackers who play the position and can be in the right spots, fundamentally sound with line backer bodies would make such a difference. They don’t need to be all pros or pro bowlers which is why I mentioned a guy like Jewell.

Probably costs 6-7m per and is just a solid player. I think Wagner train has probably passed with Quinn moving on but regardless- we don’t need Patrick queen for 18m per. We just need solid players at the position they’ve actually played for awhile

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for in getting Wagner. He disappeared in many Seattle games last season, for what games I seen.
Though he would instantly be the best LB we have. Only by default, because we do not have any. Unless you count Micah as a LB.

I am just not high on Wagner, he has seen his last days as a high caliber player IMO. But if that is what they do, I won't hate it.

He’s still good stopping the run. Not as good sideline to sideline but motor still pretty good and has a high IQ. Would help here immensely even if he’s not what he once was.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Signing queen would just result in the cowboys never signing a big free agent again for 15 years. He’s a good player who wants to get paid like a great one, yet only played great when he actually had a great in roquan next to him.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If there serious about winning then you need to upgrade 3 spots in the front 7 via free agency or draft. Obviously don't go after the 15+ million a year guys but on the opposite extreme league minimum guys like Brent Urban and Christian covingtons of the world like they usually do is going to lead to the same result
Urban played on the ravens defense. Just because it didn't work out here doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

Carson

Reaction score
Been said before, but Chargers are $46 million OVER the cap.
I look for them to cut linebacker Eric Kendricks ($6.5 million savings).

Kendricks was pivotal for a bunch of years for Zimmer. He graded positive at 72.3 on PFF last year. He also would not break the bank.

Kendricks slides in and provides you a solid MLB and is a Zimmer guy. I draft a Junior Colson / Peyton Wilson to learn behind him.

That gives me Micah, Kendricks, Overshown, Clark.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Jewell also was a Fangio guy in Denver. Philly also needs linebackers so I could see them wanting him as well