Two proven free agents who could help fix the LBer issues

Majic

Reaction score
Been said before, but Chargers are $46 million OVER the cap.
I look for them to cut linebacker Eric Kendricks ($6.5 million savings).

Kendricks was pivotal for a bunch of years for Zimmer. He graded positive at 72.3 on PFF last year. He also would not break the bank.

Kendricks slides in and provides you a solid MLB and is a Zimmer guy. I draft a Junior Colson / Peyton Wilson to learn behind him.

That gives me Micah, Kendricks, Overshown, Clark.
Interesting so I had a read of the Chargers Message board. Saw comments like 'washed up' 'time to hang up cleats' 'can see why Vikings jettisoned him' Not really encouraging

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Been said before, but Chargers are $46 million OVER the cap.
I look for them to cut linebacker Eric Kendricks ($6.5 million savings).

Kendricks was pivotal for a bunch of years for Zimmer. He graded positive at 72.3 on PFF last year. He also would not break the bank.

Kendricks slides in and provides you a solid MLB and is a Zimmer guy. I draft a Junior Colson / Peyton Wilson to learn behind him.

That gives me Micah, Kendricks, Overshown, Clark.
I just checked out his contract ........you are exactly right. They will probably release him, and I think there's an excellent chance he will sign with the Cowboys. He is a player who knows Zim scheme and expectations and to be honest, he has played well. He would be signing than Wagner or Jewel IMO.
Good post!

Majic

Reaction score
I just checked out his contract ........you are exactly right. They will probably release him, and I think there's an excellent chance he will sign with the Cowboys. He is a player who knows Zim scheme and expectations and to be honest, he has played well. He would be signing than Wagner or Jewel IMO.
Good post!
So the fact Chargers fans think he is done has no bearing?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wagner is not the same guy. But if he came in cheap they can use the leadership.

Redline360

Reaction score
Wagner is not the same player however still better then most. He's not as quick getting outside but that's to be expected. Still would take him in a heartbeat if he comes "cheap"

As for Kendricks mentioned above one of my friends is a huge chargers fan and has mentioned him as not so much as washed but declining. Guess he's one and out with the chargers

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I have to believe Wagner will def be on their radar but it takes two. Last year he only wanted to play in the West Coast area. Maybe that has changed ......
Also keep an eye on Josey Jewell

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/bobby-wagner-9857/ ...he sign for $5M last year with the Seahawks

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/josey-jewell-25207/market-value/

Sad thing is, almost fa LB helps this defense as they don't have many on this current roster.

I know you have always been a big fan of Jewel, as a run defender he is real good, but he in my opinion is more of a 2 down player.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sad thing is, almost fa LB helps this defense as they don't have many on this current roster.

I know you have always been a big fan of Jewel, as a run defender he is real good, but he in my opinion is more of a 2 down player.
Are there any 3-down free agents that could interest them?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It didn't seem like the Cowboys really pursued Wagner that heavily.
Why would they? He said he wanted to play in Seattle. He wanted to stay out west. It wasn't just the Cowboys who didn't pursue him there were 30 other teams as well.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
then he would have been a dud, played like 6 games
Bobby Wagner hasn’t missed a game since 2018. Played all17 last year and is one of the most durable players in the league. And…Wagner led the league in tackles last year with 183 and had 11 TFLs. I don’t understand all the talk here about him not being what he used to be. He’s still very good.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bobby Wagner hasn’t missed a game since 2018. Played all17 last year and is one of the most durable players in the league. And…Wagner led the league in tackles last year with 183 and had 11 TFLs. I don’t understand all the talk here about him not being what he used to be. He’s still very good.
I think fans are upset he ditched us to go to seattle , bet he'll go to washington now lol

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Wagner is not the same player however still better then most. He's not as quick getting outside but that's to be expected. Still would take him in a heartbeat if he comes "cheap"

As for Kendricks mentioned above one of my friends is a huge chargers fan and has mentioned him as not so much as washed but declining. Guess he's one and out with the chargers
Yeah, I’m not sure how we can say Kendrick’s is a better signing than wagner (who won’t happen)…sure, he knows the scheme that’s great for getting guys lined up but if he’s missing tackles, late on execution and washed who cares.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Are there any 3-down free agents that could interest them?
On the draft zone, Cnuball mentioned the backer from Carolina. Haven't seen him much, but many believe he belongs on the top tier of fa linebackers. Going back to Jewel, we already have plenty of guys who can play in coverage, but we need that run stopper in the middle. He certainly fits that role. Also, I wouldn't rule out double dipping, 1 in fa and 1 in the draft.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
On the draft zone, Cnuball mentioned the backer from Carolina. Haven't seen him much, but many believe he belongs on the top tier of fa linebackers. Going back to Jewel, we already have plenty of guys who can play in coverage, but we need that run stopper in the middle. He certainly fits that role. Also, I wouldn't rule out double dipping, 1 in fa and 1 in the draft.
What is your take on Kendrick? He will likely be released and was drafted by Zim.....