Two Virginia television journalists fatally shot in on-air attack

pupulehaole

Reaction score
Its so insane to me what little it takes others to get driven to take another person's life. You only get one shot at this life stuff. Its so precious. RIP to the victims.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score

You can't beg for mercy to the internet it is Streisand effect now, they definitely have duplicated his video and it makes me sick of today's culture doing it. Rest assured the family of the victims are going to have to live hearing and knowing the video is circulating around forever. I'm pissed.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Definitely mentally disturbed by accounts of prior actions. Seems the same anger that drives some to kill innocents, just as the theater shooter in Louisiana or the Church shooter in South Carolina. They are angry at the world and want to make it suffer.

John813

Reaction score
the 23-page document faxed to ABC News, the writer says “MY NAME IS BRYCE WILLIAMS” and his legal name is Vester Lee Flanagan II.” He writes what triggered today’s carnage was his reaction to the racism of the Charleston church shooting:

“Why did I do it? I put down a deposit for a gun on 6/19/15. The Church shooting in Charleston happened on 6/17/15…”

“What sent me over the top was the church shooting. And my hollow point bullets have the victims’ initials on them."

It is unclear whose initials he is referring to. He continues, “As for Dylann Roof? You (deleted)! You want a race war (deleted)? BRING IT THEN YOU WHITE …(deleted)!!!” He said Jehovah spoke to him, telling him to act.

Later in the manifesto, the writer quotes the Virginia Tech mass killer, Seung Hui Cho, calls him “his boy,” and expresses admiration for the Columbine High School killers. “Also, I was influenced by Seung–Hui Cho. That’s my boy right there. He got NEARLY double the amount that Eric Harris and Dylann Klebold got…just sayin.'"

In an often rambling letter to the authorities, and family and friends, he writes of a long list of grievances. In one part of the document, Williams calls it a “Suicide Note for Friends and Family."

He says has suffered racial discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying at work
He says he has been attacked by black men and white females
He talks about how he was attacked for being a gay, black man
“Yes, it will sound like I am angry...I am. And I have every right to be. But when I leave this Earth, the only emotion I want to feel is peace....”

“The church shooting was the tipping point…but my anger has been building steadily...I’ve been a human powder keg for a while…just waiting to go BOOM!!!!”

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-alleged-gunman-details-grievances-suicide-notes/story?id=33336339 (check computer volume before opening)

Hopefully, we don't have anymore revenge killings due to this and the Roof shootings.

gambit187

Reaction score
The cameraman's fiancée was in the control room when this happened and saw it live.

Lawd, this is terrible.

His name is Chris....his twitter handle is @chrishurstwdbj just in case anyone wants to send him some love and encouragement. My heart and soul hurts for that young man. He going home to sadness and hurt tonight....I pray for him and all involved

John813

Reaction score
His name is Chris....his twitter handle is @chrishurstwdbj just in case anyone wants to send him some love and encouragement. My heart and soul hurts for that young man. He going home to sadness and hurt tonight....I pray for him and all involved

I can't imagine going back to that home, if I were in his shoes. Too many emotions would overwhelm me.

Both the cameraman and reporter were engaged to employees at that station IIRC. The camera man had a fiancee who was a producer and the reporter had a fiance(Chris)

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
He died in the hospital. I hope a nurse smothered him. I saw the unedited video, horrific.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
My takeaway is keep the radar on for bitter people like that.

I've known at least a couple with the potential to go postal.

Hell, I had a former opposing party in litigation leave a message for me yesterday basically blaming me for his son's suicide as I had acted for the mother. I guess he could end up going postal on me but I guess I can't live in fear.

What is odd though is that these kind of events are so common now in the western world that it hardly has an effect on the population. It is like, oh look another mass shooting, what's for lunch.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
In the video I saw, Alison is running away, but I guess she either had been shot or was about to get shot

A blogger asked why Allison did not run until the third shot?

My question at the blogger: How many civilians wake up thinking you will meet an armed psycho?

There was the astonishment, then apparently it took time for blood loss or organ damage to kill her.