Two Virginia television journalists fatally shot in on-air attack

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw his video of the shooting. Horrible. He aimed his gun at the reporter while he was just a couple of feet away and then dropped his aim. They were totally oblivious to his presence. when the cameraman panned back to the reporter and the other woman the murderer again took aim and fired. He wanted it to be live so he waited for the camera to be pointing at the reporter. I can't get it out of my mind.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
I saw his video of the shooting. Horrible. He aimed his gun at the reporter while he was just a couple of feet away and then dropped his aim. They were totally oblivious to his presence. when the cameraman panned back to the reporter and the other woman the murderer again took aim and fired. He wanted it to be live so he waited for the camera to be pointing at the reporter. I can't get it out of my mind.

I saw that, saw him bring the gun up and aim at the for a good 5-7 seconds and then pull it down. I didn't realize why he was waiting but now with what you just stated it all makes sense.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Too much exposure and autoplay etc. Infamy breeds infamy. Focus on the victims more.

This x1000. I don't know why they are playing the video and I don't know why people are watching it. That is exactly what this maniac wanted.

I never watch this crap just like I don't watch beheading videos, or read the manifesto's of sociopaths, etc.

This should be completely about the victims.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
^ the shooter was doing everything to get the most attention possible. Even choosing as a victim a beautiful young woman and making sure it was on the air

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

yeah I watched it too on liveleak today

burmafrd

Reaction score
This x1000. I don't know why they are playing the video and I don't know why people are watching it. That is exactly what this maniac wanted.

I never watch this crap just like I don't watch beheading videos, or read the manifesto's of sociopaths, etc.

what is the difference between them showing this and a snuff film?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
A blogger asked why Allison did not run until the third shot?

My question at the blogger: How many civilians wake up thinking you will meet an armed psycho?

There was the astonishment, then apparently it took time for blood loss or organ damage to kill her.

Did the blogger watch the video? She heard the first shot and jumped and looked to see where it was coming from. As she turned to see the gun was pointed at her, he fired the second shot. She realized she was in danger and started to run as he fired the third shot. I thought she appeared to run as soon as she realized what was going on, which is what most people would have done in her case. Does this blogger practice zombie survival tactics and have a heightened sense of alertness in unexpected moments of chaos? What was the blogger's point? That it was a conspiracy?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Agreed. I didn't watch it eithr.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
what is the difference between them showing this and a snuff film?

simple, even if snuff films existed, they are actors who think they will be killed as part of the script but believe it will be fake, they then are killed for real

in this, she is not an actor, just the victim of a senseless crime By definition, it cannot be a snuff film even if said existed, because she was not a part of the crew making the said film

this is, as odd as it sounds, news, no different than showing scenes from a war zone, from a terrorist attack etc

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Did the blogger watch the video? She heard the first shot and jumped and looked to see where it was coming from. As she turned to see the gun was pointed at her, he fired the second shot. She realized she was in danger and started to run as he fired the third shot. I thought she appeared to run as soon as she realized what was going on, which is what most people would have done in her case. Does this blogger practice zombie survival tactics and have a heightened sense of alertness in unexpected moments of chaos? What was the blogger's point? That it was a conspiracy?

I figure she ran as quickly as she could respond to the danger. First shot, you figure, what is going on. Second she goes OMG, he is shooting at me, Third, she runs.

I can only assume he hunted her down as she seemed to be alive as she ran away and I saw nothing to indicate she had been hit, but maybe she had been.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score

Yes, and he was definitely the Monday Morning QB at it's worst.

I think all of us when we are out in public get stunned by crazy/inappropriate things people do now and then. Tragically, this was an ambush.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I figure she ran as quickly as she could respond to the danger. First shot, you figure, what is going on. Second she goes OMG, he is shooting at me, Third, she runs.

I can only assume he hunted her down as she seemed to be alive as she ran away and I saw nothing to indicate she had been hit, but maybe she had been.

I am sure his two "point blank" shots hit her, the third looked to be in the back. There was no need to hunt her down, he then turned to the other woman and cameraman.

She tried to run as instincts took over after the initial shock but didn't make it far.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I am sure his two "point blank" shots hit her, the third looked to be in the back. There was no need to hunt her down, he then turned to the other woman and cameraman.

She tried to run as instincts took over after the initial shock but didn't make it far.

it was hard to say in the video as I saw no blood and for someone shot, she ran pretty quickly. You might be right though.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Don't understand why people would watch his video or any other video of a killing. Just don't understand it.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
One of the sadder angles of this story is all of the conspiracy theorists out there twisting it to fit their agendas.

Disgusting.

Even Shakespeare mentioned there have and will always be senseless acts of violence, worded much better than this of course. No matter what we do as a society, it's going to happen....I'm not going down that path.

rynochop

Reaction score
One of the sadder angles of this story is all of the conspiracy theorists out there twisting it to fit their agendas.

Disgusting.

Yeah, theres no way those people actually believe most of the crap they spew.
She ran, theres no blood!! When your shot in real life, it doesnt look like a Quentin Tarrantino movie