Two years ago the Cowboys starting WR’s were Allen Hurns, Cole Beasley and Deonte Thompson

Londonboy

Reaction score
That would be bad for week 10 after a torrid rash of injuries 2 suspensions and 1 out on paternity leave.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Jerruh went from not needing premium WRs to trading everything for WRs overnight. Just another example of this franchise having no real direction.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerruh went from not needing premium WRs to trading everything for WRs overnight. Just another example of this franchise having no real direction.
Me thinks he was listening to the ginger failure touting his "system" where he could plug in any wr and win. Jerry wants to win, but he also listens to various opinions. But I agree, JJ screwed the pooch on that one. I think he realized it fast. Garrett got too cute for his own good.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Our media guys loved Deonte Thompson during camp
yup...and hey, he was a great guy off the field...and what they failed to report was he could not play. His routes were sloppy and his hands were not consistent. He would make the outstanding random catch with a high difficulty ratio lol, but drop the easy ones. I recall Mickey Spags slobbering all over this guy and telling us how great he and Linehans system was gonna be that year lol. Spags is the textbook def. of what it is to be a yes man.

Rayman70

Reaction score
and I recall the media in Dallas told us these were our coaches and receivers, and basically we better learn to like it. It was puzzling,but all I can figure is Garrett convinced Jerry and others that he could coach anybody at the wr spot and turn them into a starter lol. It was a woeful experiment in ineptitude at the coaching level, and JJ enabled it. But when JJ had enough, to his credit, he traded for Amari and it worked. He acted quickly.

Brax

Reaction score
The scum always floats to the top.
"I don't know if any team in the league necessarily needs a No. 1 receiver," Prescott said via Pro Football Talk. "It's about getting the ball out, spreading the ball around, keeping the defense on its toes."
You two are really sad.and float right to the top.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I mean with Jason Garrett, that WR core, how was Dak supposed to succeed that year? I feel bad for him now. What a difference coming into this year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve said many times I have no clue what it takes to be a good NFL player. I’m always optimistic until they prove otherwise.

If you needed to see that slop as your top 3 WRs before you knew if they were any good or not you're following the wrong sport.

You liked it because that's what the team was doing at the time. They think for you.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If you needed to see that slop as your top 3 WRs before you knew if they were any good or not you're following the wrong sport.

You liked it because that's what the team was doing at the time. They think for you.
Well yes I did. It’s not just the players, it’s the coaches and coaching that plays a part as well getting the most out of the players they have.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well yes I did. It’s not just the players, it’s the coaches and coaching that plays a part as well getting the most out of the players they have.
Yeah but this organization sucks, remember?

Flamma

Reaction score
I never bought-in to that idea of WR by committee. It was destined to fail.

Me either, but doesn't the game plan and system have a lot to do with it too? Didn't the Packers kick our butts without their #1 WR? Who else did they have and they didn't have a problem moving the ball.

Loso86

Reaction score
Yep. We should only give them credit when they do something good. Even if it was a correction of something they were obviously dead wrong about.

Let's pretend they have never made mistakes.

Remember the Super Bowl we just won in 1995? Sweet!
Dont assume my friend, this board normally looks over the good and complains about the bad and mess ups mostly sooo yea sweet

cern

Reaction score
Lose a battle to win a war. It's a sound strategy. Wr by committee is not a good idea, but the quick recovery is the important thing. Ridding ourselves of garrett was the penultimate moment towards a return to the big dance.