Two years ago the Cowboys starting WR’s were Allen Hurns, Cole Beasley and Deonte Thompson

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I was trying to buy into the idea of wr by committee. But it’s a passing league and you not having a number one receiver isn’t going to help that.

what a few years makes. Look at our core now

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Me either, but doesn't the game plan and system have a lot to do with it too? Didn't the Packers kick our butts without their #1 WR? Who else did they have and they didn't have a problem moving the ball.
What was the final score of that Packer game? I don't think we got out butts kicked but yeah they won.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Zeke and that offensive line was that teams go to weapon

Here were the WRs on that team

Amari Cooper (> game 7)
Beasley
Hurns
Michael Gallup (rookie)
Terrance Williams
Deonte Thompson
Tavon Austin

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
What was the final score of that Packer game? I don't think we got out butts kicked but yeah they won.

Actually I forget. I just remember them not having much problem moving the ball. So it can't just be about talent at WR. I'm guessing it was last year. We were down 31-3 and it ended somewhat closer. But the game was over.

CWR

Reaction score
Man what if Watkins had said yes? We tend to get lucky in some strange ways.

A lot of our luck is based on not be willing to outbid other teams, because our perceived value isn't as high as theirs.

Sammy Watkins and Paxton Lynch come to mind. We made efforts, but thankfully when the price was too rich we accepted it and refused to inflate our offers further.

Its fair to say we were fortunate in both cases that other teams were more committed to signing those players though.