Twitter: Tyler Smith allowed one pressure vs Jalen Carter

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Him playing at LG is sooooo much more to his strengths than LT. We still need to find our tackle of the future but if we can maybe get another year or two out of Tyron, we are cooking with fire.

conner01

Reaction score
Him playing at LG is sooooo much more to his strengths than LT. We still need to find our tackle of the future but if we can maybe get another year or two out of Tyron, we are cooking with fire.
I’ve always thought he could be a legit pro bowl guard or a good LT. I’d keep him inside myself and draft a tackle. I also think Tyron will be back next year

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm happy with Tyler Smith, but this is kind of a bogus piece of praise. Jalen Carter only plays 53% of the defensive snaps and probably doesn't even play on clear passing downs. He was drafted as a big body against the run, not as a pass rusher.

And, as someone else pointed out, that isn't even Carter that Smith is blocking in the video

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I'm happy with Tyler Smith, but this is kind of a bogus piece of praise. Jalen Carter only plays 53% of the defensive snaps and probably doesn't even play on clear passing downs. He was drafted as a big body against the run, not as a pass rusher.
I think you're confusing Carter with last year's first round selection, Jordan Davis. Carter is definitely in there on pass rush downs. He's a demon on the inside.

Plankton

Reaction score
His grip strength is ridiculous. It's scary how he can rag doll big DTs when he get his hands on them. Smith still gets a little wide with his hands, and does hold A LOT (and gets away with it A LOT), but he is a physical force to be sure. I would keep him at guard - he's dominant there.

VACowboy

Reaction score
So we draft T or C next year in round 1, then LB and DT in 2-3. Mazi aint cutting it.
Depends who's there. If Keon Coleman is still on the board when we're up, for example, I'm going WR in the first.