Twitter: Tyler Smith allowed one pressure vs Jalen Carter

visionary

Reaction score
I bet that hasn’t happened to Carter a lot LOL

New experience

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Definately impressive stats vs carter, but that isn't carter in the video, it's milton williams
I was just going to post this. Lol. Between this, and, Hurts being the next Hitler for not shaking Dak’s hand…the CZ mob is pretty bad.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Do we really need WR in the first when our running game is what needs help?
Need? No, but drafting for need is how you end up with an average roster. There's not a RB who will sniff the first round in the 2024 draft anyway. I'd be okay with C, LT, CB, LB, DT, EDGE, pretty much whatever's at the top of the Cowboys' board. Coleman is just a 6'4", 215-lb. stud who'd be the perfect compliment stomping through the secondary alongside Lamb and Cooks. Besides, I think the running game is fine. 32 carries for 138 yards against a top-five rushing defense is pretty healthy, especially for a passing team like the Cowboys.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
wow. thats incredibly impressive. i was one of the doom and gloomers when carter fell to the eagles in the draft because of the problems he could present, but man,that's encouraging. love tyler
I still think we need a stronger guy at Center, even if Biadasz made the Pro Bowl last year. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cowboys spend a high pick on a Center in the draft next year.

Also, Martin is starting to age. That sack fumble that old man Fletcher Cox had against the Cowboys came from him beating Martin 1-on-1. That’s not something you normally see from Martin. I would be shocked if Martin plays out the last 2 seasons of his contract, and then retires. He’s the oldest player on the offense, and only Stephon Gilmore is older than him on the team - by two months.

(Gilmore, Martin, and Tyron Smith were all born in the Fall of 1990, which makes my son, born in February 1990 older than all of them. Good thing for me is I stopped ageing at 29 years old; bad thing is all 3 of my children are now older than me.)

Getting back to the Cowboys Olinemen, I think Asim Richards has potential to be the future Left Guard for the Cowboys, and Josh Ball started looking better at Right Guard last season. That leaves Waletzko as the swing tackle. But the Cowboys need to replace Biadasz with someone stronger and cheaper.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It would have been a perfect day if Tyler was able to get just one tackle on Carter.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Need? No, but drafting for need is how you end up with an average roster. There's not a RB who will sniff the first round in the 2024 draft anyway. I'd be okay with C, LT, CB, LB, DT, EDGE, pretty much whatever's at the top of the Cowboys' board. Coleman is just a 6'4", 215-lb. stud who'd be the perfect compliment stomping through the secondary alongside Lamb and Cooks. Besides, I think the running game is fine. 32 carries for 138 yards against a top-five rushing defense is pretty healthy, especially for a passing team like the Cowboys.
I didn’t say draft RB, but drafting an OL first round lets you get away with average RBs. Our current crop of receivers can get the job done. However Tyron is on his last legs, Martin may be on his last contract. Steele leaves something to be desired in the passing game. We are gonna need help on the OL sooner rather than later.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is too soon. Carter is a rookie and he is just learning to play in the NFL. Tyler has been great all year but this is a battle that will rage for years. It will be fun to watch.

conner01

Reaction score
PFF has Tyron as an elite LT in 21 and 23, but his worst year ever in 2022.

Contract talks could get interesting. Will probably want a big bump after his great performance this year. Will probably get it too.
He’s always been reasonable when it comes to his contract. He literally has only had one. Restructure doesn’t get players more money but few players would sign a deal like he did that pretty much covered his whole career. I think they offer him a couple more years and probably a voidable year to keep cap hit down

conner01

Reaction score
I didn’t say draft RB, but drafting an OL first round lets you get away with average RBs. Our current crop of receivers can get the job done. However Tyron is on his last legs, Martin may be on his last contract. Steele leaves something to be desired in the passing game. We are gonna need help on the OL sooner rather than later.
People said Tyron was done last year. That’s what recovering from an injury looks like and now you see what fully recovered looks like. Steele is still recovering and struggled bad early. But he’s gotten better as season has went on because he’s getting farther back from a serious injury. Martin is a concern because he’s having his worst year and reasonably healthy

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Also, Martin is starting to age. That sack fumble that old man Fletcher Cox had against the Cowboys came from him beating Martin 1-on-1.
This isn't true. Zach had his man in front of him. Dak stepped into the sack instead of just throwing it to a wide open Cooks.

conner01

Reaction score
A oline pick in first is very possible. Depending on when we pick it could be a tackle or center. But it all depends on who falls into our range. We have lots of needs. Our center is a FA and I don’t think they extend him, Gilmore is a FA as well as Lewis, pollard is gone, and Gallup is likely gone. In the 20’s I could see OT, WR, CB and if late 20’s or lower I could see a center. It’s all about getting the best player at a position of need and that leaves a lot of options

MajesticRey

Reaction score
People said Tyron was done last year. That’s what recovering from an injury looks like and now you see what fully recovered looks like. Steele is still recovering and struggled bad early. But he’s gotten better as season has went on because he’s getting farther back from a serious injury. Martin is a concern because he’s having his worst year and reasonably healthy
Neither Martin nor Tyron are spring chickens.

conner01

Reaction score
Neither Martin nor Tyron are spring chickens.
They are not. Not sure Tyron is not aging better. I hope they keep Tyler at Guard. That why I think depending on where we pick and who’s on the board, we could take a OT, WR, CB maybe even center if the quality is there. I’m hoping we are picking last so really can’t go wrong at any position there. Just get a good player

MajesticRey

Reaction score
They are not. Not sure Tyron is not aging better. I hope they keep Tyler at Guard. That why I think depending on where we pick and who’s on the board, we could take a OT, WR, CB maybe even center if the quality is there. I’m hoping we are picking last so really can’t go wrong at any position there. Just get a good player
Yeah Tyler is a monster at Guard, he should stay. We need another lanky long-armed behemoth like Tyron at Tackle whenever he retires. We should draft one now, or C if it’s a good pick in our draft spot. If we go T, he can battle an RT spot with Steele until Tyron gets hurt or retires.

VACowboy

Reaction score
A oline pick in first is very possible. Depending on when we pick it could be a tackle or center. But it all depends on who falls into our range. We have lots of needs. Our center is a FA and I don’t think they extend him, Gilmore is a FA as well as Lewis, pollard is gone, and Gallup is likely gone. In the 20’s I could see OT, WR, CB and if late 20’s or lower I could see a center. It’s all about getting the best player at a position of need and that leaves a lot of options
Y'all said it better than I did.

I actually think Steele will be fine after an off-season to get his legs back. He came back quick from an ACL.

Last edited: