Twitter: Tyler Smith allowed two pressures on 50 snaps

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Yeah, Peters can play guard. Either with Peters at LG or LT… that whole left side is going to have some power. I. Ready to get him in. It will probably be game 3 though, but I could see him going in week 2.

Can Peters play the right side and Steele sit on the bench and enjoy the show?

Just my opinion, of course, but.....

Tyler Smith, Connor McGovern, Tyler BIadasz, Zach Martin, Jason Peters

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Can Peters play the right side and Steele sit on the bench and enjoy the show?

Just my opinion, of course, but.....

Tyler Smith, Connor McGovern, Tyler BIadasz, Zach Martin, Jason Peters
Who knows? As far as I know though, Peters has always been a left side player. So, I’d think the odds of him playing on the left side, either at tackle or guard, would be significantly better than him at RT.

Steele just needs to stop the dumb penalties. He wasn’t bad otherwise. In other words… I think I like Steele at RT better than I like McGovern at LG. However, I haven’t really sat down and watched McGovern this year yet, so I could be thinking wrong there.

Another thing is, I want Smith and Peters side-by-side because that will be an incredibly strong left side in the running game. I want to see that kind of power over there.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Who knows? As far as I know though, Peters has always been a left side player. So, I’d think the odds of him playing on the left side, either at tackle or guard, would be significantly better than him at RT.

Steele just needs to stop the dumb penalties. He wasn’t bad otherwise. In other words… I think I like Steele at RT better than I like McGovern at LG. However, I haven’t really sat down and watched McGovern this year yet, so I could be thinking wrong there.

Another thing is, I want Smith and Peters side-by-side because that will be an incredibly strong left side in the running game. I want to see that kind of power over there.

You make a good point about them side by side.
I don't believe when real football has been played, and not the preseason games, have we seen McGovern at left guard. He went down so quickly in the game.
As far as Steele goes, all I was thinking when he made his run of penalties was Phil Pozderac against the Giants back in the day when he was a penalty machine.

To change the subject slightly, I don't really have a great deal of confidence in the fan base here truly seeing the subtle aspects of the game and why breakdowns happen. (This is not a shot at you, BTW. I find your comments to be some of the best.) So when I watch the meltdown of fans throwing shade on players, I discount their comments because of disappointment, and a great deal beholding to an emotional outburst.

But, it seemed this entire board, save for a few, targeted the offensive line as a problem all off season, through the draft, and all training camp.

The fact the Jones Boys looked at that line, and outside of the Tyler Smith draft pick, did nothing whatsoever to be certain the line was trustworthy to do it's job, could be seen by even the most neophyte fans here.

How these two men can become hyper focusing on one side of the ball, while ignoring the other is beyond belief, to me.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That's awfully good for a rookie's first game in the NFL against that group. I have a feeling he's going to be a great one.

It is like some of the media have their own agenda. Jeff Cavanaugh gave Smith a “C” and wants to put him back at guard. Then he is upset the Cowboys got rid of Collins who was awful against the Steelers. I will never get Cavanaugh.

Brooksey

Reaction score
It is like some of the media have their own agenda. Jeff Cavanaugh gave Smith a “C” and wants to put him back at guard. Then he is upset the Cowboys got rid of Collins who was awful against the Steelers. I will never get Cavanaugh.

Something is off with that guy

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I am far from the most knowledgeable fan but I watched this kid play, and he did not look like no rookie. Wish there was another building block on the OL, we can't build 1 year at a time, lol

Sydla

Reaction score
With all the crap going on and the screw ups in building the roster this offseason, having Smith develop into our future LT would be a nice development. Along with QB and maybe DE, a stud LT is one of the more important positions on the field.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That's awfully good for a rookie's first game in the NFL against that group. I have a feeling he's going to be a great one.

Playing next to Farniok for most of the game.

He's a rookie who hadn't been playing his position in camp and probably had to give more help than he got. Much easier row to hoe with Jason Peters next to him.

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Steele was good except for the penalties.

Most of the penalties were false starts. He was not holding to compensate like Connor Williams last season. i.e. Steele's penalties are easier to correct.

Steele was one of the better run blocking OT last Sunday.

Not so much as pass blocker.