Twitter: Tyler Smith allowed two pressures on 50 snaps

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Playing next to Farniok for most of the game.

He's a rookie who hadn't been playing his position in camp and probably had to give more help than he got. Much easier row to hoe with Jason Peters next to him.

Farniok was very good run blocking.

Move him to FB and he would just kill opposing defenders.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Cowboys fans should not have been so surprised with Tyler's effectiveness.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Oh he was outstanding. He made a couple of mistakes but , man did he look good. Particularly considering he hadn’t practiced at LT since rookie minicamp.

Had Dallas played well, he would be the talk of the town. Dallas found one in him. Unfortunately, the rest of the offense stunk so nobody hardly noticed.

I rewatched the whole game (I deserve a Purple Heart) focusing on him and he was outstanding.
His problem was never strength. He might actually be TOO strong for college. It was about technique and hand placement which they've been hammering at him since he got here (Who's that oline guru they hired). He has learning still to do but color me impressed for how well he did against that dline!

Reactions: BAT

USArmyVet

Reaction score
....and 1 of those pressures resulted in the injury to Dak so the point is????

BigD_95

Reaction score
Steele was good except for the penalties.

Most of the penalties were false starts. He was not holding to compensate like Connor Williams last season. i.e. Steele's penalties are easier to correct.

he was giving up pressures and gave up a sack

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The kid did well. I was worried about his penalties but clearly steele decided to keep that focus on himself

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If there's one thing I like about this team right now on the offense, it's Tyler Smith.

I think you almost have to use him as one of your man weapons, especially in the run game.

He's going to get beat a few times out there, and people will freak out. But he can shape it up, as the season goes. Will be good for him.

He's in the NFL, for a long time.

You know what the best meat is? Deer nuts, their under a buck.

They're.

Last edited: