News: Tyler Smith Embracing Advice From Jason Peters

Zman5

Reaction score
Peters: "Let me show you how to false start every time without getting called for it."
Tyler: "Cool. Can you also show me how to hold without getting called for it?"
Peters: "Don't know that one. You need to ask the Packers OLinemen for that one."

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yes, peters talking to Tyler for 15 min will make him all pro. So stupid, guy either has it and wants it or doesn’t it’s that simple. Doesn’t matter who speaks to him or teaches him, it’s on the individual.

Wow I'm late to this party but Man do you think before you post .

You really can't even put a value on the opportunity our young offensive lineman has to learn from future Hall of famers Tyron Smith and Jason Peters.

You can have it and want it but the NFL is an unforgiving place where you must hone your technique.
As far as teaching goes I will take Tyron and Jason Peters over philbin anytime

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

BHendri5

Reaction score
Yes, peters talking to Tyler for 15 min will make him all pro. So stupid, guy either has it and wants it or doesn’t it’s that simple. Doesn’t matter who speaks to him or teaches him, it’s on the individual.

Stupid dumb dumb stupid post. An idiot post. I thought I’d pile on too.
But seriously dude any advice from a veteran is beyond valuable.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – Not long after officially signing his contract with the Cowboys, Jason Peters was on the practice field Monday, already chatting with first-round draft pick Tyler Smith

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/tyler-smith-embracing-advice-from-jason-peters

I think the biggest thing Tyler can learn is you don't have to kill the guy....just block him. I've seen some tape on him and found that he gets in trouble when it seems he is enraged and then tends to hold or even looks like holding to get his man on his back. You know, demoralize him. It ain't the WWE.. Just block him enough to not be a factor. That is all. Of course, i have to admit to you i am not a All Pro, Pro Bowler, or even employee of the month. JMHO... :grin:

Last edited:

KeepinTime

Reaction score
I think the biggest thing Tyler can learn is you don't have to kill the guy....just block him. I've seen some tape on him and found that he gets in trouble when it seems he is enraged and then tends to hold or even looks like holding to get his man on his back. You know, demoralize him. It ain't the WWE.. Just block him enough to not be a factor. That is all. Of course, i have to admit to you i am not a All Pro, Pro Bowler, or even employee of the month. JMHO... :grin:
But you did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I see everyone else is piling it on with your post. I'm not going to give you a hard time about it. I think perhaps you just need a hug. So, sending you a hug to brighten your day. :grin:

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Imagine making a post so widely disliked that I felt compelled to show my "Ignored Content " to read it.

Turns out... everybody was right. Nice job.

Reactions: BAT

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Peters: "Let me show you how to false start every time without getting called for it."
Tyler: "Cool. Can you also show me how to hold without getting called for it?"
Peters: "Don't know that one. You need to have the Packers OLinemen uniform for that one."

Corrected , LOL

NeathBlue

Reaction score

Contender for dumbest post of the season, 6 days before the season even kicks off…

Anyway, Larry Allen commented years ago how much that the advice he had from Erik Williams helped him… So you can be sure that anything Peters tells him will be beneficial.