Twitter: Tyler Smith pancakes Osa

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is all common sense stuff.
A bunch of rent a scout whiners saw his penalty totals and freaked out but those holds were generally versus dudes 220 pounds that won't touch the NFL.
I am fairly sure Tyler would hold Micah on the edge as well but inside with far less space to be worried about an ability to fire off the ball he is going to maul folks.

I do not really see this kid as an LT as that takes a projection (insane technique improvement, added balance and foot quickness) I can't make but he can absolutely be a Pro Bowl regular at guard starting day 1.
I watched an extensive amount of his college game footage.
- I had said several weeks before the draft that he was my favorite player in the entire 2022 NFL draft.

About half of his holding penalties were late in the play when he took defenders to the ground.
- The play was often already well past his area, but he was obsessed with dominating defenders.
- His college OL coach was only 2 years removed from being a grad assistant.
- NFL coaches really just need to tell him to stop taking defenders to the ground.
- It think much of it is that simple, especially combined with the move from LT to OG.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought McCarthy was gonna teach our o-line how to "hold" without getting a penalty like he did in Green Bay. :muttley:

I think that is what happened with Connor Williams.
- CW didn't have excessive penalty issues until last season.
- I think he was using the Green Bay techniques.
- Connor Williams might be All-Pro if he signed with Green Bay because the refs would just ignore his holding...

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
LIKE I SAID ON TWITTER when I saw this, OSA was doing a swim move and Smith PUSHED him, it was all momentum!!!!

CWR

Reaction score

And before some of you start, no this is not a hold. It’s not a hold if you aren’t trying to disengage. That’s 2 days in a row he has flattened a dlineman. This boy has the JUICE

This the same Osa that benches 420 and squats over 700lbs.

Lol, the rook is gonna be an absolute mauler. He out there looking like baby Larry Allen.

CWR

Reaction score
Yah I dont believe in that myth. If the kid is really good he wont get a reputation. If its holding then he will get called. Might get some holds in the beginning before he learns what he can and cant do.

I dont expect it to be a huge issue AT GUARD. If he gets prematurely moved to tackle all bets are off.

Cebrin

Reaction score

And before some of you start, no this is not a hold. It’s not a hold if you aren’t trying to disengage. That’s 2 days in a row he has flattened a dlineman. This boy has the JUICE

Some syrup for sure.