Tyler Smith tweaks hamstring

rambo2

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/seven-round-2023-nfl-mock-draft-round-3 (3)
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...nd-austin-ekeler-jets-packers-take-day-3-qbs/ (5)
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...-texans-bryce-young-colts-anthony-richardson/ (5)

according to most mock all 3 of the cowboys first 3 picks were overdrafted. fact is i think they panicked at a position that was more luxury than need. Ferguson and hendershot could have manned it just fine. That said if Schoon turns out to be a difference maker on the edge blocking and a force around the end zone Ill gladly be wrong. I think the pick should have been OLine.

Having said that the draft didnt necessarily play out as mocked. I bolded where Schoon was projected and that was just 3 mocks

Kiper had him as his 10th best TE
PFF had him as the 7th best TE
Thats pretty consistant with other outlets. Yes I feel they reached but if hes a missing piece then its a good reach.
They could have gone oline in the 1st, but then they wouldn't have gotten Mazi or another dtackle in the 2nd. If they didn't take Schoonmaker in the 2nd they would have lost him. Overall, I like their drafting of Mazi, Schoonmaker, and Overshown. I also like they got Richards and Bass. I love that they got, Deuce, Brooks, and Luepke.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
They could have gone oline in the 1st, but then they wouldn't have gotten Mazi or another dtackle in the 2nd. If they didn't take Schoonmaker in the 2nd they would have lost him. Overall, I like their drafting of Mazi, Schoonmaker, and Overshown. I also like they got Richards and Bass. I love that they got, Deuce, Brooks, and Luepke.
I agree. I don't think the Cowboys thought O'Cyrus Torrence would have been a fit in their scheme so that's why they went with Schoonmaker. Big Mike always wants multiple TE's in his offense.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I guess the staff knows more than me. Though I’ve heard a lot of positives in the reviews of him and the fact that he didn’t allow a college sack seems very impressive. Maybe that’s a stat a lot of nfl lineman achieved-not sure.

I did focus on him when he played in preseason and he looked very good to my amateur eyes.
Well, we haven't seen Edoga at guard, so we really can't compare them, but I was very pleased with what Bass showed.

starfan1

Reaction score
Glad you’re happy I’ll know more in a few weeks . I do like the DT selection but did they get the right 1. I like the RB selection but wish we got sone others

The Richards and Bass selection we’ll see if we have to see them much the season is shot

The pick I liked the most is now hurt. I don’t like the 2 nd round pick but I reserve the right to flip flop

rambo2

Reaction score
Glad you’re happy I’ll know more in a few weeks . I do like the DT selection but did they get the right 1. I like the RB selection but wish we got sone others

The Richards and Bass selection we’ll see if we have to see them much the season is shot

The pick I liked the most is now hurt. I don’t like the 2 nd round pick but I reserve the right to flip flop
Hopefully, you will be flipping and flopping.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
according to most mock all 3 of the cowboys first 3 picks were overdrafted.
The Cowboys drafted their board. None of the players they drafted would have lasted another round. You can't pick where you draft. You take the guys you want at the time your on the clock. The Cowboys are thrilled with who they got and don't feel any of them were over drafted.

starfan1

Reaction score
The Cowboys drafted their board. None of the players they drafted would have lasted another round. You can't pick where you draft. You take the guys you want at the time your on the clock. The Cowboys are thrilled with who they got and don't feel any of them were over drafted.
I’m sure they don’t ! They were thrilled with jaylon and taco that’s not the point. Regardless I know there are many here that are thrilled with the draft we had. I’m not one of them but we will have to wait and see how it plays out

I know you love that second round pick. I’m gonna need to see it be a success before I can get on board. We had TEs and good young guys at that

For this draft to be a success for me the OL we drafted later Richards is gonna have to excel

Our biggest issue going into the draft was the line and it’s depth and it still looks to be that way

But no Jerry likes his shiny toys. We’ll see if they shine