Tyler Smith

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hey...you got a like for pretending.
:thumbup:

Show me someone with Smith in their top 25 and Williams in their top 60. You can't. I can show you who doesn't. Everyone.

And also explain why the Cowboys have such a low consensus draft grade this year if they didn't reach on those picks. You can't. Again. You can only go Bull.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He has that Erik Williams nasty in him. Great prospect to added needed toughness and physicality to our OL.
The Cowboys have slowly rebuilt their offensive line the last three seasons. Badacz and Steele in 2020, Ball and Farneck in 2021 and now Smith and Walezsco in 2022. I am going to include Ferguson as a do it all tight end as well. Can’t wait to see these guys in the preseason.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Show me someone with Smith in their top 25 and Williams in their top 60. You can't. I can show you who doesn't. Everyone.

And also explain why the Cowboys have such a low consensus draft grade this year if they didn't reach on those picks. You can't. Again. You can only go Bull.
daniel jeremiah...lance zirlein and pete schrager on april 27 and 28 all mocked tulsa ot tyler smith in the bottom of round 1...confirming the chatter in the lead up to the draft that tulsa ot tyler smith was in consideration for some teams in the bottom of round 1...otherwise...why mock him there at all.
if you follow this team closely...you were hearing that tyler smith,ot-tulsa was in the discussion at 24...which is exactly what happened.
but you know this already.
you were going to hate whoever or whatever they did.
thats ok.
thats the role you've carved out for yourself here and among the miserable it gets you likes.
but its not intellectually honest to just hate or dismiss anything and everything they do...you know...because.
and to pretend that not one single person talked about(bryan broaddus did...pete schragger did)or mocked(schrager did...jeremiah did...zirlein did) tulsa ot tyler smith at or near the end of rd1...is simply not true.
those guys...and their sources...got it right.
not a reach...he went about where they thought he would....but a day 1 starter and pro bowler.
if i'm wrong...i'll own it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Risen is dug in so I hope yall know unless Smith has a grade in the 80s next year he will be running his mouth. If Tyler Smith does ball out he'll resort to sarcasm and question dodging though. Sound about right? :thumbup:
yup.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
daniel jeremiah...lance zirlein and pete schrager on april 27 and 28 all mocked tulsa ot tyler smith in the bottom of round 1...confirming the chatter in the lead up to the draft that tulsa ot tyler smith was in consideration for some teams in the bottom of round 1...otherwise...why mock him there at all.
if you follow this team closely...you were hearing that tyler smith,ot-tulsa was in the discussion at 24...which is exactly what happened.
but you know this already.
you were going to hate whoever or whatever they did.
thats ok.
thats the role you've carved out for yourself here and among the miserable it gets you likes.
but its not intellectually honest to just hate or dismiss anything and everything they do...you know...because.
and to pretend that not one single person talked about(bryan broaddus did...pete schragger did)or mocked(schrager did...jeremiah did...zirlein did) tulsa ot tyler smith at or near the end of rd1...is simply not true.
those guys...and their sources...got it right.
not a reach...he went about where they thought he would....but a day 1 starter and pro bowler.
if i'm wrong...i'll own it.

Once again you don't seem sharp enough to understand the difference between a mock draft and a value board. I would have mocked Travon Walker to the Jaguars at 1. I didn't even think he was a top 10 player.

You know where Jeremiah had that reach Tyler Smith on his value board? 42nd. Do you know where he had Sam Williams? 80th.

Do you get it yet?

It's not really about you being wrong. You don't have an opinion. You're simply a cheerleader who would say this about whoever they drafted. But no matter how much you wave the pompoms you can't change that absolute fact that both Tyler Smith and Sam Williams were consensus reaches. Hence the low grades you see for the Cowboys draft.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Once again you don't seem sharp enough to understand the difference between a mock draft and a value board. I would have mocked Travon Walker to the Jaguars at 1. I didn't even think he was a top 10 player.

You know where Jeremiah had that reach Tyler Smith on his value board? 42nd. Do you know where he had Sam Williams? 80th.

Do you get it yet?

It's not really about you being wrong. You don't have an opinion. You're simply a cheerleader who would say this about whoever they drafted. But no matter how much you wave the pompoms you can't change that absolute fact that both Tyler Smith and Sam Williams were consensus reaches. Hence the low grades you see for the Cowboys draft.
a mock draft by us commonors means nothing.
but by guys like the ones i mentioned...they are tea leaves....tree rings....to be read and information gleaned.
like schragger on april 28th saying he's hearing tyler smith ot tulsa is in play to be a late first rounder...and on that same day...both he and zirlein mock tyler smith ot tulsa near the bottom of rd1.
why?
because they are hearing from people who do this for a living...that tyler smith ot tulsa is in play for some teams near the bottom of rd1.
and on thursday night...thats exactly what happened.
your damn right i cheer-lead and wave the pom-poms for the cowboys.
i was born and raised a cowboys fan.
and you'll get my tyler smith #73 jersey from my cold dead body.
you.....you'll continue to play your cowboy critic role.
and thats fine.
i could probably use some of that in my fandom.
but not to the point where i already hate what they do before they do it.
but it gets you likes and thats your life blood.
its easy to be a critic.
it requires no heart or committment.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
You also don't have a crystal ball.

So, show me that these were bad picks in two years.

Right now, you can't call it one way or the other.

I can see from his tape that he's likely to prove his doubters wrong — and quickly.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

Do you get it yet?

Mel Kiper?

Is that you, bro?

How's your job stability?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
a mock draft by us commonors means nothing.
but by guys like the ones i mentioned...they are tea leaves....tree rings....to be read and information gleaned.
like schragger on april 28th saying he's hearing tyler smith ot tulsa is in play to be a late first rounder...and on that same day...both he and zirlein mock tyler smith ot tulsa near the bottom of rd1.
why?
because they are hearing from people who do this for a living...that tyler smith ot tulsa is in play for some teams near the bottom of rd1.
and on thursday night...thats exactly what happened.
your damn right i cheer-lead and wave the pom-poms for the cowboys.
i was born and raised a cowboys fan.
and you'll get my tyler smith #73 jersey from my cold dead body.
you.....you'll continue to play your cowboy critic role.
and thats fine.
i could probably use some of that in my fandom.
but not to the point where i already hate what they do before they do it.
but it gets you likes and thats your life blood.
its easy to be a critic.
it requires no heart or committment.

He's still trying. God love him.

Yes, they all were so convinced that reach Tyler Smith was value at 24 that none of them had him in their top 30.

That's how you really do a value board. List all your top 25 values after 30. After 40 for half of them..

I'm not playing critic, Rowdy. I'm simply living in reality. Plus I'm not a liar. I don't say things like two reaches went where most thought they would when no one did and nearly everyone is giving them a low grade for those two picks.

See this is actually going on in real life. I'm just acknowledging it. I don't need a fan safe space to protect my feelings.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He's still trying. God love him.

Yes, they all were so convinced that reach Tyler Smith was value at 24 that none of them had him in their top 30.

That's how you really do a value board. List all your top 25 values after 30. After 40 for half of them..

I'm not playing critic, Rowdy. I'm simply living in reality. Plus I'm not a liar. I don't say things like two reaches went where most thought they would when no one did and nearly everyone is giving them a low grade for those two picks.

See this is actually going on in real life. I'm just acknowledging it. I don't need a fan safe space to protect my feelings.

Which part of Tyler Smith's game was a reach in the 1st round?

Other than Jermaine Johnson, who was a better pick?

Not a trick question. Not sure I want an egotistical defensive end with my first pick either. Especially when I can basically get a big kid with NFL talent and a good attitude who can be molded into a top talent in the NFL with a little coaching.

I'm not judging if you don't like the pick. If you say Jermaine Johnson, then fine, I'm good with that, and I can see the reasoning there. But I'm just curious because this wasn't the deepest draft for legit 1st round talent. It fell off.. so there was actually more 2nd and 3rd round talent than most years. So when the board was cleaned off, it looked to me that, debatably, JJ aside, they took the best player available....

I thought they could have made a move or figured out a way to land Travis Jones. But other than that, I was happy with the draft overall.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He knows nothing. He just likes to see his words on the internet.

It would make sense if he specifically had a better strategy, or could tell you why Smith/Williams were reaches.

One could argue several other players other than Williams who might make a better pick. But unless you want Jermaine Johnson's attitude, and narcissism, and bottom-of-the-barrel IQ, I didn't see any other player glaringly better in the first round.. In fact, given his age and relative experience, and the fact we got him first round, Smith may have had the highest ceiling of all the players left on the board, especially if we're patient.

If he wasn't, then who was?

Last edited: