Tyler Smith

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
He did fine and should only get better.

But don't try to sell this as some big win. His success at LT doesn't prove that the Jones had a fine offseason along the OL. They still ***** it up royally.
The bullying of Farinok is what got Daks thumb broken

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I though Tyler played extremely well, especially for a rookie. Maybe Jason Peters could be used to replace Terence Steel . . . :flagwave:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
If we can get a more durable quarterback the LOT would be worth the money. But ain't no use in protecting a twig in a hurricane.
:laugh:LOL-JK.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Yeah, lots of Qbs can withstand hitting their hands on a helmet.

He’s not a pocket passer. Never was and never will be. Running over and around guys is half his game and his best weapon. Now that he is not even close to as fast, that power is fading quickly (and he will take more hits than ever before). He never had TB pocket awareness and strategy. Plus, didn’t he hit the defender’s hand, not helmet?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
On the bright side, he had himself a damn good game. If he keeps it up, Tyron Smith is no longer our starter.
Legit Question:
How much help did he get?
With TEs and RBs chipping his man and so forth?
I know they were limited at times in the passing game due to only having 2 WRs out on routes.

NickZepp

Reaction score
He looks like he'll be good. I'm sure he'll probably look bad at times this year also. But he's a rookie. Hopefully we won't have threads after his bad games on here complaining about him. The problems on the OL are because of years of neglect there because we thought we got our cornerstones for ever when we got Smith, Martin, and Frederick and didn't do anything to upgrade over the years.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Teach Pollard how to block wing at a worry about those problems. He's always trying to knock the blitzer backwards, instead of just making contact.. then push him sideways.

@CowboyRoy loves Dak, but doesn't like Zeke. Zeke wasn't in the game and now Dak needs surgery. I wonder how he feels about that?

At least Tyler Smith looked good though right? He did mess up on one play and let a guy run free.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He’s not a pocket passer. Never was and never will be. Running over and around guys is half his game and his best weapon. Now that he is not even close to as fast, that power is fading quickly (and he will take more hits than ever before). He never had TB pocket awareness and strategy. Plus, didn’t he hit the defender’s hand, not helmet?

This ain't Christmas.

You got nothing.