Tyler Smith

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He did fine and should only get better.

But don't try to sell this as some big win. His success at LT doesn't prove that the Jones had a fine offseason along the OL. They still ***** it up royally.
I mean him being good or great doesn’t mean anything IMO. They’ve always hit on draft picks and first rounders. They aren’t building a team properly. Even if they win….they still aren’t.

LysleE

Reaction score
I think he played better than expected; in fact, one may make the case he played better, more consistently than Steele. I say keep him at LT for the entire season.
We have bigger problems than LT; our FO didn’t do squat to shore up OL depth or find a legitimate back-up QB in the off-season. Now we are going to have to suffer the consequences…again.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
A very good start for a rooks first game. Tyler Smith should just get better and have a bright future as a Cowboy. The best news to come out of this opening game offensively.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
On the bright side, he had himself a damn good game. If he keeps it up, Tyron Smith is no longer our starter.
You know what is scary, Broaddus said he was not worried about Tyler but had questions about Steele.:eek::eek: At least we have a building block of a young left tackle, young pass rusher and young top flight cornerback.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Now that you have a building block at LT leave him there quit moving him around . Peters is a one year rental plug him in at RT and have Steele be swing tackle until I guess the mountain we drafted out of NDakota St shoulder gets healed then I think he can be RT of the future .

Actually I think Farniok not a downgrade from 66 so I don’t think the sky is falling at OL . With Farniok full time and McGovern hurt what’s the G depth ?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean him being good or great doesn’t mean anything IMO. They’ve always hit on draft picks and first rounders. They aren’t building a team properly. Even if they win….they still aren’t.
They hit on picks, but hitting on a mid rounder is still netting an average player. When they draft is your only real means of player acquisition, you are incredibly lucky of you are fielding an average team. A legitimately good one is going to be out of reach

Pentagruel

Reaction score
The one bright spot on offense in a largely miserable game. I thought the OL on the whole looked better then I expected but my expectations were extremely low… Tyler was very solid though, against a very strong Buccaneers defense.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the bright side, he had himself a damn good game. If he keeps it up, Tyron Smith is no longer our starter.

Tyron Smith can be the swing tackle they been missing for years. Even with his contract.

cowboyec

Reaction score
thought he had a good night.
if mcgovern is gonna be out longer tho..
i would think they move him inside and peters out to ot.
we'll see.
but tyler smith wasn't an issue sun nite,he played well.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyron was done the day he got the hamstring injury.

Once they signed Peters it was official.

Even at 40, Peters has a better chance to stay healthy than Tyron. They're more likely to bring Peters back next season than Tyron.

Tyron played at under 300 in college. He spent far too much time in the weight room and now looks like the Hulk. Tyler was 324 when drafted and Tyron looks bigger than him.

There is a documentary about body builder Ronnie Coleman. He is considered by many as the Greatest of all Time in that sport. Now he can barely walk. He is 5-11 and eventually got up to 300 pounds in competition and more in the offseasons.

Parcells wanted Larry Allen to back off on weight lifting at max weights and focus on dynamic weight lifting moves. LA had some issues with soft tissue injuries late in his career and his movement skills declined. Parcells was probably correct about the need for him to back of the heavy lifting.

I think Parcells would have forced Tyron to back off on the weight lifting which might have extended his career. Tyron could take a year off of weight training and still be stronger than most players.

Peters and Tyler are just naturally large humans. Peters was a 320 pound TE in college and Tyler was 324 pre-draft.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Now that you have a building block at LT leave him there quit moving him around . Peters is a one year rental plug him in at RT and have Steele be swing tackle until I guess the mountain we drafted out of NDakota St shoulder gets healed then I think he can be RT of the future .

Actually I think Farniok not a downgrade from 66 so I don’t think the sky is falling at OL . With Farniok full time and McGovern hurt what’s the G depth ?
we dont know what type of ankle CM has lets wait.

TYler didn't stand out and that good against that front. hes wasnt bad , thats always a good thing

Steele will be fine it was really one series, it happens against front like that but Peters is the swing tackle i doubt he plays G..

we need replacement for dak and Moore, worry about the rest later