CFZ Types of Cowboys Fans

cmoney23

Reaction score
I've found that there are many types of Cowboys fans and I thought it would be fun to group them up and discuss. It is mid-July after all. :laugh:

Old School Fans: No one is better than Laundry, Roger, and the crew from way back when. Doesn't matter what they do today. They are inferior and they are going to tell you all about it regardless of the thread.

New School Fans: Jumped on the bandwagon more recently and don't know much outside of this squad. Usually here to comment something harmless like "I think he will be a good player" and leave a like

The Internet GM/Expert: They are here breaking news and giving their feedback on a signing, draft pick, or injury and doing so from a team perspective. They will share tape and help explain the nuances of the game. They talk cap and usually bring many fans here back to reality. Very pro Cowboys but seem to be more knowledgeable about football than most

The dreamer: Here to talk about every free agent, a possible trade, or any other "pie in the sky" thing the talking heads at ESPN or online are pushing. They seem to be fixated on big names and big ideas.

The Dunce: Don't know the players' names. Don't seem to understand how things work. Can't understand the rules of the game or why we have to follow them. Constantly getting corrected by others.

The Trolls: Eagles fans in disguise. They just come here to hate on the team and get people going. Too many to mention, but most of us know who they are.

What do you think? What group did I miss? Do you fall into a group?

Enjoy the "Dak-Free" conversation. ;)

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I'm old school but don't fit into your classic description. I didn't really understand the game as well as I do now. I love the players of today too. I don’t fit neatly into any category. I just love the Star. I love the game! Best team sport out there.

Fan since 1966 and still rabid about "my" team.

shabazz

Reaction score
I've found that there are many types of Cowboys fans and I thought it would be fun to group them up and discuss. It is mid-July after all. :laugh:

Old School Fans: No one is better than Laundry, Roger, and the crew from way back when. Doesn't matter what they do today. They are inferior and they are going to tell you all about it regardless of the thread.

New School Fans: Jumped on the bandwagon more recently and don't know much outside of this squad. Usually here to comment something harmless like "I think he will be a good player" and leave a like

The Internet GM/Expert: They are here breaking news and giving their feedback on a signing, draft pick, or injury and doing so from a team perspective. They will share tape and help explain the nuances of the game. They talk cap and usually bring many fans here back to reality. Very pro Cowboys but seem to be more knowledgeable about football than most

The dreamer: Here to talk about every free agent, a possible trade, or any other "pie in the sky" thing the talking heads at ESPN or online are pushing. They seem to be fixated on big names and big ideas.

The Dunce: Don't know the players' names. Don't seem to understand how things work. Can't understand the rules of the game or why we have to follow them. Constantly getting corrected by others.

The Trolls: Eagles fans in disguise. They just come here to hate on the team and get people going. Too many to mention, but most of us know who they are.

I’m not sure many here are going to respond to fitting into any of the categories because they all have a negative connotation , except the “ #3 Internet GM/ Expert category

The first group is inflexible and not open minded
the 2nd is bandwagoners that don’t know much about the game and players
the 4th is dreamers that live outside of reality,
the 5th are dunces that need everything explained to them
the 6th would be self admitted trolls

so many wonderful choices outside the “cap geek option”, lol

CCBoy

Reaction score
With the heat index going on for the last month in South Texas, one day just under 90, believe me I need an air conditioner as well as a fan! :thumbup:

I prefer a better than a living bra...good support.

I myself, attempt to stick to supported truth and references posted.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

There's a lot of Eagles fans trolls for sure here.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Die Hards: Whether we've been fans since the Landry/ Staubach (or even earlier) days, or since the Triplets Era, or The Romo Era, or The Dak Era, we understand that the team has its faults, but we love them anyway.

We know no QB is perfect, but we also know that while some have been more successful than others, it's oversimplification to lay the team records at their feet, for better or worse.

And we know we have the best cheerleaders on the planet.

stuckindc

Reaction score

The ones from mid to late 70s that had to watch the decline through the 80’s but were rewarded with the 90’s Cowboys. We have a large contingent here.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’m a Cowboys fan through and through and like to make life hard here for the trolls. :laugh:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a Cowboys fan through and through and like to make life hard here for the trolls. :laugh:
We are privileged to have Rocky's latest photo from his daily grind to rid the world of Trolls!!
33ljvs.jpg

Saving the world one "Troll" at a time!!!!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Interesting take, OP.......

I'm not on board with Dak and don't think he will ever reach an elite level. I think Jerry is a turd who has no idea how to build a championship team and doesn't really give a damn about winning. Remaining relevant and interesting is what he wants.

So just because I say these things I am a troll and an Eagle lover?

Get lost dude, I've been a fan of this team since 1975. Guess what you can do with your opinion?