CFZ Types of Cowboys Fans

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I've found that there are many types of Cowboys fans and I thought it would be fun to group them up and discuss. It is mid-July after all. :laugh:

Old School Fans: No one is better than Laundry, Roger, and the crew from way back when. Doesn't matter what they do today. They are inferior and they are going to tell you all about it regardless of the thread.

New School Fans: Jumped on the bandwagon more recently and don't know much outside of this squad. Usually here to comment something harmless like "I think he will be a good player" and leave a like

The Internet GM/Expert: They are here breaking news and giving their feedback on a signing, draft pick, or injury and doing so from a team perspective. They will share tape and help explain the nuances of the game. They talk cap and usually bring many fans here back to reality. Very pro Cowboys but seem to be more knowledgeable about football than most

The dreamer: Here to talk about every free agent, a possible trade, or any other "pie in the sky" thing the talking heads at ESPN or online are pushing. They seem to be fixated on big names and big ideas.

The Dunce: Don't know the players' names. Don't seem to understand how things work. Can't understand the rules of the game or why we have to follow them. Constantly getting corrected by others.

The Trolls: Eagles fans in disguise. They just come here to hate on the team and get people going. Too many to mention, but most of us know who they are.

What do you think? What group did I miss? Do you fall into a group?

Enjoy the "Dak-Free" conversation. ;)
HOMER
HATER
QB challenged
Know nothings
Casual/fair weather
Realistic

GrouchySmurf

Reaction score
The Perpetual Pessimists.

Can safely predict bad things and be right if we don't win the Super Bowl.
Can also claim to just "call it as they see it" even when things like in-season injuries and horrible ref calls can't be predicted.

plasticman

Reaction score
Die Hards: Whether we've been fans since the Landry/ Staubach (or even earlier) days, or since the Triplets Era, or The Romo Era, or The Dak Era, we understand that the team has its faults, but we love them anyway.

We know no QB is perfect, but we also know that while some have been more successful than others, it's oversimplification to lay the team records at their feet, for better or worse.

And we know we have the best cheerleaders on the planet.
I think this group should replace the "Old School" group because I don't think there is a single person that would be a member of the latter.

Yes, so far, Landry is the best HC and Staubach the best QB. If you understand the degree to which rule changes have changed the nature of the NFL game then you might agree on those two individuals.

However, on "the crew from way back when?".

When has anyone ever seen a post that claims Emmitt Smith is not the best RB in Cowboys history?

Which "Old School" fan has claimed that there was a 70's guard better than Larry Allen? A TE better than Jason Witten?

The answer is nobody. This "Old School" group is an empty set.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I've found that there are many types of Cowboys fans and I thought it would be fun to group them up and discuss. It is mid-July after all. :laugh:

Old School Fans: No one is better than Laundry, Roger, and the crew from way back when. Doesn't matter what they do today. They are inferior and they are going to tell you all about it regardless of the thread.

New School Fans: Jumped on the bandwagon more recently and don't know much outside of this squad. Usually here to comment something harmless like "I think he will be a good player" and leave a like

The Internet GM/Expert: They are here breaking news and giving their feedback on a signing, draft pick, or injury and doing so from a team perspective. They will share tape and help explain the nuances of the game. They talk cap and usually bring many fans here back to reality. Very pro Cowboys but seem to be more knowledgeable about football than most

The dreamer: Here to talk about every free agent, a possible trade, or any other "pie in the sky" thing the talking heads at ESPN or online are pushing. They seem to be fixated on big names and big ideas.

The Dunce: Don't know the players' names. Don't seem to understand how things work. Can't understand the rules of the game or why we have to follow them. Constantly getting corrected by others.

The Trolls: Eagles fans in disguise. They just come here to hate on the team and get people going. Too many to mention, but most of us know who they are.

I suppose I'm in a bit of an odd boat. Firstly, I'm too young to remember the 90s seasons as I was born in late 92. But, I tend to be among the more positive Cowboys fans. I suppose I'm a bit of a dreamer as I'm always dreaming of the Cowboys doing better. I'll just go with the category of a horse Cowboys fan haha. Especially as I'm a horse.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

So stereotypical and generalized.
Toward the end you sound Small Town.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I suppose I'm in a bit of an odd boat. Firstly, I'm too young to remember the 90s seasons as I was born in late 92. But, I tend to be among the more positive Cowboys fans. I suppose I'm a bit of a dreamer as I'm always dreaming of the Cowboys doing better. I'll just go with the category of a horse Cowboys fan haha. Especially as I'm a horse.
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Casual-those that say they’re fans yet can’t name more than one or two players or the HC. They might not even know if Dallas won or not that week. I know a few of those and discussing the team with them is like talking to a five-year old about calculus :muttley:

DandyDon52

Reaction score

there are no eagle fans here except the ones that openly admit it.
There all no trolls here.
some here call other people here eagle lovers as if it is a insult lol. Same for troll.

what about a category for disgruntled cowboy fans that just dont like certain things about the cowboys and the 2 bozos running the circus ??
27 years of being inept,forced to endure a decade of jason garrett, a weak culture that shows up in the playoffs, things jerry does do and does not do etc etc.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
It is an entertainment
it is a form of distraction
Owners getting paid
NFL getting paid
Players getting paid
talking heads getting paid
fans ( spend money ,spend time ,and emotion ) let them feel whatever they want

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anyone that roots against the team, is the total opposite of a fan. Being for the team does not mean liking all things Cowboys. But is sure doesn't mean consistent whining and denigrating the team.

Flamma

Reaction score
That's me.