CFZ Types of Cowboys Fans

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Ehh, I'm old school but still prefer the 90s teams. The most fun I ever had watching football was the mid 90s.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've found that there are many types of Cowboys fans and I thought it would be fun to group them up and discuss. It is mid-July after all. :laugh:

Old School Fans: No one is better than Laundry, Roger, and the crew from way back when. Doesn't matter what they do today. They are inferior and they are going to tell you all about it regardless of the thread.

New School Fans: Jumped on the bandwagon more recently and don't know much outside of this squad. Usually here to comment something harmless like "I think he will be a good player" and leave a like

The Internet GM/Expert: They are here breaking news and giving their feedback on a signing, draft pick, or injury and doing so from a team perspective. They will share tape and help explain the nuances of the game. They talk cap and usually bring many fans here back to reality. Very pro Cowboys but seem to be more knowledgeable about football than most

The dreamer: Here to talk about every free agent, a possible trade, or any other "pie in the sky" thing the talking heads at ESPN or online are pushing. They seem to be fixated on big names and big ideas.

The Dunce: Don't know the players' names. Don't seem to understand how things work. Can't understand the rules of the game or why we have to follow them. Constantly getting corrected by others.

The Trolls: Eagles fans in disguise. They just come here to hate on the team and get people going. Too many to mention, but most of us know who they are.

What do you think? What group did I miss? Do you fall into a group?

Enjoy the "Dak-Free" conversation. ;)
Fans like @CCBoy that are in their own category...:starspin::)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've found that there are many types of Cowboys fans and I thought it would be fun to group them up and discuss. It is mid-July after all. :laugh:

Old School Fans: No one is better than Laundry, Roger, and the crew from way back when. Doesn't matter what they do today. They are inferior and they are going to tell you all about it regardless of the thread.

New School Fans: Jumped on the bandwagon more recently and don't know much outside of this squad. Usually here to comment something harmless like "I think he will be a good player" and leave a like

The Internet GM/Expert: They are here breaking news and giving their feedback on a signing, draft pick, or injury and doing so from a team perspective. They will share tape and help explain the nuances of the game. They talk cap and usually bring many fans here back to reality. Very pro Cowboys but seem to be more knowledgeable about football than most

The dreamer: Here to talk about every free agent, a possible trade, or any other "pie in the sky" thing the talking heads at ESPN or online are pushing. They seem to be fixated on big names and big ideas.

The Dunce: Don't know the players' names. Don't seem to understand how things work. Can't understand the rules of the game or why we have to follow them. Constantly getting corrected by others.

The Trolls: Eagles fans in disguise. They just come here to hate on the team and get people going. Too many to mention, but most of us know who they are.

There is a guy that creates many threads where he is "schooling" everybody...

In reality he knows less about football than almost everyone else on this site.

He loved Landry and hates Jerry because he fired Landry.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Fans like @CCBoy that are in their own category...:starspin::)
I don't listen to the popularity chatter nor folk lore. I respect the past, but post facts that can be considered at every point when going to war. That standard doesn't give in to any hero worship to talk the complete facts affecting present opportunity and survival elements also.

Stay away from my posts, if one doesn't want to talk all conditions even without personal stereotypes. I raise questions, but for purpose of discussion. Not a smirking popularity contest. Never had the convenience in life, to do other than.

But I'm honest, I give a damn on populairty contests. I do share.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I just try to enjoy the ride each season but sometimes my grumpy old man shows when this team frustrates me.

Sometimes, I think it was better when we knew less about players and day-to-day team stuff. It was easier to be idealistic. Now we get daily updates, especially any negative news, coming in all directions from a variety of sources. We end up "debating" fellow fans we would've never even knew existed a few decades ago.

But if this team ever finds its way to a 6th Lombardi we'll be glad to be connected to so many. Who am I kidding, the same folks will still end up in fights. :muttley:

cowboybish

Reaction score

Im old school (1963) but likes both the Landry years as I do the Jimmy years. I love Dorsett, Roger, Too Tall, Manster, DuPree as I do Emmitt, Troy, Witten, Stepnoski etc. Im just a Cowboy fan period… hoping the McCarthy years finally turn this thing around.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think one category missed is the angry fan.

The Cowboys had 20 years of winning seasons and 2 championships with Landry followed by 3 trophies under Johnson. That has led to a sense of entitlement. Anything less than a championship is un acceptable and they want someone to blame when they do not get it. Every year there has been a scapegoat typically the GM or the quarterback. Half the threads on this board are about said scapegoat.

I don't know if other fanbases are like this. Maybe the Yankees or the Lakers but here it is an annual tradition.