CFZ Types of Cowboys Fans

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
And we are getting labeled as trolls and Iggle lovers because we voice our displeasure with the way the team runs now.
Maybe you should change your Avatar to Displeased. Your posts are all about "displeasure".

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I been a fan since 1966. I know of only one way to be a fan.
I go into every season thinking, this will be fun, and watch the ride and ups and downs, as this could be a good year (most of the time).

And if we make the playoffs, it gives us the chance to get to the SB. I don't buy into....well...Dak, SF, blah blah, blah. But some do, and that is their way of being a fan.
Remember 1992, a young Dallas team, going into SF, the world basically thought...SF will stomp Dallas, Dallas is not ready .... well guess what...SF was not ready for Dallas.
That could be this year.

When I stated above ...(most of the time) ... Those late 80's, early 90's. Yeah no way I had hopes of making the playoffs. But I still had fun watching the team being built of what gave us 3 SB wins.
I also knew the early 2000's, it was going to be lean times. But I was still excited for the season to start. See how they rebound without the triplets.

So I go into each season feeling, yes, let's see how this goes. I don't let the past 28 years get to me, it does no good to me.
I love the ride and fun of each game each week.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Die Hards: Whether we've been fans since the Landry/ Staubach (or even earlier) days, or since the Triplets Era, or The Romo Era, or The Dak Era, we understand that the team has its faults, but we love them anyway.

We know no QB is perfect, but we also know that while some have been more successful than others, it's oversimplification to lay the team records at their feet, for better or worse.

And we know we have the best cheerleaders on the planet.
This is where I land.

Toro9

Reaction score
I started watching the Cowboys in 01. What am I?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I've found that there are many types of Cowboys fans and I thought it would be fun to group them up and discuss. It is mid-July after all. :laugh:

Old School Fans: No one is better than Laundry, Roger, and the crew from way back when. Doesn't matter what they do today. They are inferior and they are going to tell you all about it regardless of the thread.

New School Fans: Jumped on the bandwagon more recently and don't know much outside of this squad. Usually here to comment something harmless like "I think he will be a good player" and leave a like

The Internet GM/Expert: They are here breaking news and giving their feedback on a signing, draft pick, or injury and doing so from a team perspective. They will share tape and help explain the nuances of the game. They talk cap and usually bring many fans here back to reality. Very pro Cowboys but seem to be more knowledgeable about football than most

The dreamer: Here to talk about every free agent, a possible trade, or any other "pie in the sky" thing the talking heads at ESPN or online are pushing. They seem to be fixated on big names and big ideas.

The Dunce: Don't know the players' names. Don't seem to understand how things work. Can't understand the rules of the game or why we have to follow them. Constantly getting corrected by others.

The Trolls: Eagles fans in disguise. They just come here to hate on the team and get people going. Too many to mention, but most of us know who they are.

What do you think? What group did I miss? Do you fall into a group?

Enjoy the "Dak-Free" conversation. ;)

I am Old school Roger the Dodger fan, Middle School Jimmy kicking butts and winning SBs, and not so much new school with Jerry running the team and no NFCCG in 28 years...
Still hope for the best every year, but have a serious wait and see attitude based on recent lack of success.
:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

Creeper

Reaction score
In defense of the Old School fans, some of the player from the old days were better than a lot of players today. The Cowboys franchise is not that old, not older than me anyway, so we can compare all the players from the beginning through the current roster. Of course the players of the 1960s were nowhere near as big or fast as the guys today, but it is about dominance in their era. Bob Lily was the best DT ever in a Cowboys uniform. I assume if he was born 60 years later he would be as big and strong for this era as well.

New school fans tend to think in terms of the 1990s team which is understandable because they never saw the old timers play.

I remember when my Dad used to take me to Yankees Stadium for old timers day. I was a kid and an avid Yankees fan but when they announced the older old timers I could see my Dad was thrilled. I was shrugging because I had no idea who they were - other than their baseball cards. But he saw Babe Ruth play. He could make a comparison between Ruth and Maris or DiMaggio and Mantle that I could not. I think that's the way it is with new school fans today. It is not a knock on them, they just lack the data that old school fans have.