Tyreek Hill > CD Lamb speed kills

BermyStar

Reaction score
Michael Thomas is slow as hell (relatively).

You go ahead with John Brown though.

Hill is different because he has speed and is a legit WR. But most the extremely fast WRs are more athlete than WR.

Oakland already proved your theory wrong btw.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Just saw this thread, premise is stupid.

Top 25 receivers of all time, I don't think there is one *speed* guy in there.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
No. Rice and Hudson were the two I was referring to.

Ok.

Give me an update on hudson please. You mean don ?

Rice could sneak into the top 2. But only because he performed on a high level for a very long time. You are right there. I just dont see him there. Way too many better players out there.

I think TO should be considered as a no. 2 choice.

But Moss is N1. And thats by a mile. Aint just no competition to him.

Last edited:

joseephuss

Reaction score
Ok.

Give me an update on hudson please. You mean don ?

Rice could sneak into the top 2. But only because he performed on a high level for a very long time. You are right there. I just dont see him there. Way too many better players out there.

I think TO should be considered as a no. 2 choice.

But Moss is N1. And thats by a mile. Aint just no competition to him.

I'm not sure Rice is sneaking up anywhere. He is well established as one of the best.

Rice had 4 seasons with 100+ receptions. Moss had 2. Rice had 5 seasons where he averaged over 90 yards per game. Moss had 2. Rice had 4 seasons with 1500+ yards. Moss had 1. Moss led the league in TDs 5 times. Rice lead the league in TDs 6 times. Moss has the record of 23 TDs in a season. Rice held that record with 22 in 1987. That was a strike season, so Rice did it in only 12 games. The idea that no one is close to Moss is silly. He was great, but he isn't the only great wide receiver.

Jerry Rice's numbers went up come playoff time. Randy Moss' went down.

Randy Moss averaged 70.1 yards per game in the regular season and 65.1 in the playoffs.

Jerry Rice averaged 75.6 yards per game in the regular season and 77.4 in the playoffs.

Terrell Owens averaged 72.8 yards per game in the regular season and 62.6 in the playoffs.

A couple of more guys for comparison:

Marvin Harrison averaged 76.7 yards per game in the regular season and 55.2 in the playoffs.

Michael Irvin averaged 74.9 yards per game in the regular season and 82.2 in the playoffs.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not sure Rice is sneaking up anywhere. He is well established as one of the best.

Rice had 4 seasons with 100+ receptions. Moss had 2. Rice had 5 seasons where he averaged over 90 yards per game. Moss had 2. Rice had 4 seasons with 1500+ yards. Moss had 1. Moss led the league in TDs 5 times. Rice lead the league in TDs 6 times. Moss has the record of 23 TDs in a season. Rice held that record with 22 in 1987. That was a strike season, so Rice did it in only 12 games. The idea that no one is close to Moss is silly. He was great, but he isn't the only great wide receiver.

Jerry Rice's numbers went up come playoff time. Randy Moss' went down.

Randy Moss averaged 70.1 yards per game in the regular season and 65.1 in the playoffs.

Jerry Rice averaged 75.6 yards per game in the regular season and 77.4 in the playoffs.

Terrell Owens averaged 72.8 yards per game in the regular season and 62.6 in the playoffs.

A couple of more guys for comparison:

Marvin Harrison averaged 76.7 yards per game in the regular season and 55.2 in the playoffs.

Michael Irvin averaged 74.9 yards per game in the regular season and 82.2 in the playoffs.
I think it's universally felt that Rice was the best ever. Miss probably could have overtaken him, but he didn't.

cern

Reaction score
if we just reduced this thread to it's lcd, which is better, speed or great route running, there would be less vitriol. i still think great route running is the greatest skill to have as a receiver. the great deion sanders was arguably the greatest cb ever. but even though he was occasionally used as a wr he never was particularly good at it. he couldn't run good routes.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I’ll take a WR like Tyreek Hill over CD Lamb, Gallup , Hopkins 24/7.

You can’t cover or teach elite speed.

Guys' an idiot. Production being equal, I'll bank on a 5-year age difference in the NFL every day of the week regardless of size.