Tyreek Hill vs Terrell Owens

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
You've gotta give credit to the man for his highly exceptional ability for one of his age. Running the forty-yard dash in the 4.4 range is extremely rare for youngsters, otherwise, quite astounding for a man in his mid-forties.

If only he had better self control in his youth, his career could have been infinitely more rewarding for himself and the teams he played with. He has always been, and obviously still is, an exceptional physical specimen.

Last edited:

aikemirv

Reaction score
You've gotta give credit to the man for his highly exceptional ability for one of his age. Running the forty-yard dash in the 4.4 range is extremely rare for youngsters, otherwise, quite astounding for a man in his mid-forties.

If only he had better self control in his youth, his career could have been infinitely more rewarding for himself and the teams he played with. He has always been, and obviously still is, an exceptional physical specimen.
Speed is kind of the last thing to go. I am not surprised he can still run that fast.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Speed is kind of the last thing to go. I am not surprised he can still run that fast.

In the best of circumstances, I'd agree with that, although, it takes regular activity and discipline to make it happen. I was blessed with speed and very good athleticism in my younger days but without the benefit of regular running and effort, that extra speed faded in several years. In the instance of what today's athletes do as a part of their lifestyle now, those like TO are becoming a bit more visible than the athletes of the past. ;)

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cowboys related with the Amari comment :)

Around the 6:30 mark

Tyreek HIll to Ocho Cinco- "I can tell you my route and still route you" ... "Amari Cooper style!"

LOL Chad with the sweat pants way too short. Guess he punked out and did not want to race?!

T.O still has speed.

Race 1 at 14:37
Race 2 at 16:37

i still would take TO at his prime because he has the size with the speed but comparing them is like comparing Zeke and Mcarfrey, different players but TO has always been a freak athlete in great shape and regardless if you liked his personality or not m hes a HOF no doubt one of the best ever.. Hill has ways to go to prove that..

blueblood70

Reaction score
His play dropped off alot in 2008. At that point he wasnt a bell cow anymore.
not True he like AB and others their personality vs their age and production in owners eyes was not worth it..TO took a dip coming back from the ACL and lost his window but he could have still played at a high level..i mean when the Cobbs of the worlds still can hang on and are no where near TOs level, TO could have been a nice 2 or 3 option..

Dez is going through the same things, lost his window but doesnt mean he cant be productive as role player but the personality shuts the door on him..

75boyz

Reaction score
TO has always been a freak of nature, mans 45 and just casually ran a mid 4 40. I always liked the guy personally..he balled out which is all I care for.

Yup, even with all the obvious me first, locker room cancer, Team Obliterater antics...

I take a peak T.O. in his prime on his job performance alone over every single one.

Yup, including Rice, Irvin, etc. All of em.

Just a real freak of physical skill and talent. You might not like the guy in a general sense, but as a football player, his production speaks for itself. Kinda like Rodgers as a QB in that way.

Just my opinion.

GenoT

Reaction score

Would love to see today’s TO run a forty against a clock — not hand-timed by “friends”.

Just sayin’...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yup, even with all the obvious me first, locker room cancer, Team Obliterater antics...

I take a peak T.O. in his prime on his job performance alone over every single one.

Yup, including Rice, Irvin, etc. All of em.

Just a real freak of physical skill and talent. You might not like the guy in a general sense, but as a football player, his production speaks for itself. Kinda like Rodgers as a QB in that way.

Just my opinion.
yup add to it he did all he could to stay on field and heal from injuries and play hurt.. he had passion some new players will never understand.. he slept in dang hyperbolic chamber , thats dedication..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Would love to see today’s TO run a forty against a clock — not hand-timed by “friends”.

Just sayin’...
all 3 did it was even playing field , you lost on that fact it means all times are off or on, did it matter he nearly caught the fastest player in the nfl at age 47? hasn't played in 8 years? come on that was the point, not the actual time

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Just sayin’...

It's easy to lose a tenth of a second or even a few of them if a regular regimen of running and exercise isn't being adhered to. I learned that the hard way when I guy I used to play football and run track with had challenged me to race a few years after we had previously competed together.

He kept on playing football and running track after I discontinued athletics to start working on a daily basis. I used to beat this guy by a few yards in a 50-yard dash practically every day in track practice. A few years later, after I hadn't run at all in that span, he challenged me to a race and beat me by the same distance, that I used to beat him every day -- about a yard or so. This happened in the late fifties.

Anyhow, it convinced me of the difference it makes when one continues to compete, while the other doesn't. Just a couple of tenths of a second makes a world of a difference in competition. I'd venture to say I'd lost a couple of tenths, while he possibly gained one or two. It still irks me that he saw fit to challenge me to race when he knew the advantage was all his. Anyway, it sold me on how valuable conditioning is to compete! ;)

Last edited:

joseephuss

Reaction score
not True he like AB and others their personality vs their age and production in owners eyes was not worth it..TO took a dip coming back from the ACL and lost his window but he could have still played at a high level..i mean when the Cobbs of the worlds still can hang on and are no where near TOs level, TO could have been a nice 2 or 3 option..

Dez is going through the same things, lost his window but doesnt mean he cant be productive as role player but the personality shuts the door on him..

Cobb is currently 29 years old. Your statement would make sense if Cobb were in his mid 30s.

blueblood70

Reaction score

more rewarding then money, fame, and a Gold Jacket LOL pretty sure thats the goal..

he played in a SB but did he win one? i cant remember..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
more rewarding then money, fame, and a Gold Jacket LOL pretty sure thats the goal..

he played in a SB but did he win one? i cant remember..

He came close to winning one with the Eagles one year but came up short against the Pats.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cobb is currently 29 years old. Your statement would make sense if Cobb were in his mid 30s.
im saying hes better then Cobb now but at the same age was better then cobb,

better then cobb means he could have stayed in the league if his personality didnt get in the way..his play did not fall off that much..

joseephuss

Reaction score
im saying hes better then Cobb now but at the same age was better then cobb,

better then cobb means he could have stayed in the league if his personality didnt get in the way..his play did not fall off that much..

Owens played until he was 37.He didn't play at age 38 because he was recovering from a torn acl. So, at age 39 he was poised to comeback, but no team was interested. Are you saying that Owens at age 39 then was better than Cobb at age 29 now?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

Just sayin’...
Somebody popped the video into some editing software to do a frame analysis and said TO actually ran a 4.9 (and Hill a 4.6), still pretty impressive after just running another race and in the sun.