Twitter: Tyron could be out multiple months

noletime95

Reaction score
Death, taxes and a Tyron injury. I figured by game 3 or 4, so I guess it’s an early season hit.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Poor Dak! Get ready to run for your life, mate! It makes the back-up QB spot a little more concerning imo. But, if Dak goes down...then it's all over anyway.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So according to Jerry, we just need to make due with what we have until Tyron comes back and saves the day in 3.5 months.

The way things are looking, the team will be 5-9 by the time Tyron is ready to play.

Why do I have to be a fan of this team?!

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
So which will tak longer to heal the Hamstring or the reported Knee injury..... sure smells like retirement in TSMITH future

Aven8

Reaction score
So according to Jerry, we just need to make due with what we have until Tyron comes back and saves the day in 3.5 months.

The way things are looking, the team will be 5-9 by the time Tyron is ready to play.

Why do I have to be a fan of this team?!

Remember being 2-7 and they rushed Romo back on Turkey day to save the season? How did that work out again? Oh yeah, Kuekly destroyed him……

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Tyron Smith injured again.....The man is as dependable at being injured as a broken Clock is correct twice a day

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Remember being 2-7 and they rushed Romo back on Turkey day to save the season? How did that work out again? Oh yeah, Kuekly destroyed him……
They did such a good sale-job of that whole situation though! and I'm ashamed to admit that I did find myself thinking they'd turn it around and all would go well.

Heck, that was the year that Romo sent out a message referring to the movie Major League, saying the Cowboys were going to "win the whole *** thing."

The Cowboys are nothing if not dramatic.

Good times :laugh:

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Common sense says this is smiths last few months in Dallas

Dallas has 21M in cap.

tyron extension coming?
100% what I was thinking. Stephen would tell Daddy Jer "now's the time to extend Tyron. We can get him on the cheap."

Reactions: JBS

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
MM just admitted Tyler ain't ready to start an NFL game.....think about that. If your head coach ( ya strongest supporter ) is telling the public he ain't ready, he's a long way off IMO. My guess is that has mostly to do mentally, technically and playbook.

There's an article on DC.com where McCarthy talks about Tyler and McGovern. If you read the whole thing, it becomes pretty clear that McCarthy was planning on starting Tyler at guard. He talks about McGovern playing a lot at center Friday (so he can be the swing interior lineman). He talks about him playing 10 to 12 snaps per game at fullback, which wouldn't be likely if he was starting at guard and playing big tight end some. In that same article, he mentions the difficulty in playing a rookie and how McGovern hasn't lost the job, but those other comments clearly indicate what the plan for McGovern was going to be. Of course, that changes now. McGovern will be a starting guard unless we bring in a vet tackle.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Then you'd still need a swing. Ball has been disappointing, and Waletzko isn't ready.

Right. I think when we put Tyron on short-term IR, we'll bring in a vet to be the swing tackle, because our options are limited to Ball and Waletzko with whatever starting combo we use to replace Tyron.

Reactions: CWR

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

I feel this is a little bit loaded based on things happening around the team at the time. That play action rating difference is almost nonsensical. Maybe the backup at the time was particularly bad… the Chaz Green Falcons game probably knocks that down a number of pegs

Reactions: CWR

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why so he can win another Ed Block award????:muttley:
1 injury to an RT does not excuse a team tanking for the season.......at least in the real NFL!
Who’s tanking for the season . Just not expose him in games we’d prob lose anyway so we can have him for games more likely to win.

If Dak goes down, season over.